VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV as Racing Pedals. (push down the right pedal, the left pedal doesn't go up)

Moderator: AdminGroup

olistreet

VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV as Racing Pedals. (push down the right pedal, the left pedal doesn't go up)

Postby olistreet » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:56

Hi,

Is there a way we can get rid of the cam inside the MKIV pedals? So when we push down the right pedal, the left pedal doesn't go up?
Im thinking using two springs one for each pedal, in some way I want to make the pedals behave more like racing pedals than rudder pedals.

Thanks

Alexis

Victorus

Re: VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV as Racing Pedals. (push down the right pedal, the left pedal doesn't go up)

Postby Victorus » Mon Feb 20, 2023 16:44

You can split single axis with center to two independent axes w/o center.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

olistreet

Re: VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV as Racing Pedals. (push down the right pedal, the left pedal doesn't go up)

Postby olistreet » Thu Feb 23, 2023 14:06

Hi Victorus, thanks for your answer.

In Star Citizen, I can set the right pedal for Throttle Forward and the Left Pedal for Throttle Backward, so the problem from a software side it's solved.

What I am asking is to know if there is any workaround to replace the cam, and have two springs one for the right pedal and one for the left pedal and still take profit of the sensor.

I am not sure if that is possible, so I can avoid the left pedal go up when my right foot is pushing down on the throttle, these pedals are perfect for me cause there is almost no resistance with the normal spring tension setting, and I would much love to use them with booth feet, cause now I find myself using only the right pedal, and my left foot is always one step aside, cause the upward motion bothers my ankle.

Another workaround I think it can be done is to shorten the syncronizer springs resulting on less vertical travel distance. But I would be more interested in the first approach commented above.

Any ideas?

Alexis

Return to “Technical Support”