Trim/PoV hat axes ignored by DCS

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gussy

Trim/PoV hat axes ignored by DCS

Postby Gussy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30

On my MCGu I've figured out that a long press of the Trim/POV hat will put it into Axis mode (the red LED comes on). In VKBDevCfg test mode this hat then moves the RotX and RotY axes.

But in DCS if I switch the hat to that mode, I can't bind them to a game axis as they just don't seem to be detected. I'm sure I'm doing something dumb but not sure what....

And I guess the other question is there a way to turn them into a normal auto-centering mini stick like the other one?

Gussy

Re: Trim/PoV hat axes ignored by DCS

Postby Gussy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:25

Well I fixed problem one. Weirdly, unlike my other axes, DCS doesn't auto-detect them if you move them when binding. But I realised I can manually select rX and rY from the dropdown (never done it that way before).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:48

In VKBDevCfg navigate to Profile/Axes/Logical axes and change the mode for RotX and RotY to Abs instead of Rel. Press Set button under the Action tab to save the changes.

Gussy

Postby Gussy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:43

Thanks! Is it possible to make the other analogue stick work the same way? i.e. both are 8-way buttons until 'shifting', at which point they both become analogues? atm it's simply just an analogue stick. If it can't, maybe I can still make it output buttons as well as axes at the same time.

I was experimenting with creating a shift button late last night using the VKB tutorial, which I think I understand, but the PoV hat seems to use something called Tempo which is different. So much to learn :)

Gussy

Postby Gussy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 19:11

One of the mods in Discord pointed me at the ministick tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv5WDTU1fvA

Somehow missed that when scrolling through all the vids. Hopefully good to go :D

Return to “Technical Support”