SCG Twist 'Shifts' When Twist To Extremes

Moderator: AdminGroup

arrkx

SCG Twist 'Shifts' When Twist To Extremes

Postby arrkx » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:44

Hi VKB Team,

My right SCG twist module seems to have some weird perceptible shifting sensation like something in the twist module is loose, whenever I shift to the extremes.

For example when full right, there will be a slight click of something out of place, releasing the stick partially right and full again no more click, but back to center and it will snap back into center (sometimes after a bit of wiggle) or to full left will snap at full left, etc.

Lately it even happens on mid twist without hitting full-lock, shifting side-to-side whilst in vigorous operation. It is a very small a movement, like in the tenths of mm, but perceptible especially in such a tactile dependent device.

I have tightened the screws holding the twist module to the grip and it's not from there. It is also not from any play in the stem to the base or stem to the twist module, as if I lock the twist, the 'shifting' sensation is gone when applying torque to the grip.

I have a left SCG too, and it is flawless in operation thus leads me to my query here, as it appears to be getting more loose as time goes on.

I have not gone so far as to take apart the entire twist module as it is still very new and I do not have appropriate damping grease to reapply, hence have not gone full in to investigate... Thought I'd seek some assistance here first... Any advise on this?

Many thanks in advance!

fallout9

Re: SCG Twist 'Shifts' When Twist To Extremes

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 21:21

Check the regreasing guide, it shows the twist adapter getting stripped; see if the cap is in the right position on yours (4:15).

arrkx

Postby arrkx » Fri Feb 10, 2023 15:32

Hey man,

Thanks for your advice... I decided to dive into the mechanism and solved the issue after taking the whole module apart and carefully reassembling, being sure not to rub out any existing grease while at it.

The top cap was in the grooves, but there was some play in it nevertheless (see video below), and this resulted in the twist not returning to full zero (32767) after twisting to one side. Previously I had to use a deadzone of 7% to eliminate any of this play.

To remedy this, I stuck some small pieces of paper onto the grooves so it would fit snugly into the receptacles and not rotate along with the twist. This reduced the deadzone to under 1% and I couldn't be more satisfied!

I included my experience with this issue here as I read some posts on people mentioning their twists not returning to full center, and needing some nudge to get it back... This was how I managed to remedy it, although I would also like to note that my other stick does not experience this issue at all.

IMG_20230210_130749 (Medium).jpg

As for the actual issue I reported with the shifting sensation, it was still present with this mod, but oddly went away after I did another disassembly and reassembly of the cylinders. Everything is fine and dandy now! Happy camper here!

Thanks again for the support! Hope this can help someone.

Before:
https://youtu.be/refx__tZBBU
After:
https://youtu.be/Oj23PFVULkU

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 21:41

Glad to hear you fixed the issue! But just to let you know that if the issue reoccurs you could fill up a service ticket to get it replaced.
Cheers!

arrkx

Postby arrkx » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:26

Thanks for your response.

To be honest I would be interested in seeking a replacement twist module as running with the paper mod isn't really optimal in the long run, plus would like the peace of mind with this great stick.

The thing is I bought this through a third party seller who imported it direct from VKB HQ and re-shipped it to me, along with their contact email and an order number, however previously when I emailed them (sales_en [at] v k b - s i m . p r o), I never got a response.

Is there anyway you could possibly assist to get me in touch with someone or provide an address I could contact, or maybe I can give you my address to be whitelisted?

Let me know. Thanks!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:58

Just sales, no _en. Let me know if you won't get a reply.

Return to “Technical Support”