Issues with NXT Gladiator and THQ after recently unplugged and plugged back in

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pendenros

Issues with NXT Gladiator and THQ after recently unplugged and plugged back in

Postby Pendenros » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:51

Hi,

I recently unplugged my NXT Gladiator RH Std with attached THQ from my PC while cleaning and when I plugged the USB cable back in the blue LED on the NXT base (between the F1 and F3 buttons) is now illuminated and the right most axis on the THQ only registers 1/4 of the travel it should (0-16368 instead of 0-65535 in VKBDevCfg), the lever moves just fine through its full range of motion

so far I have tried:
recalibrating, but it had no affect on the THQ axis
disconnecting the THQ and setting up just the NXT again to see if the LED stayed on or not (it's still on)
reflashing the latest firmware, also had no affect on either issue
various USB ports, all with the same results

what exactly does the blue LED staying on mean, does it signify a problem has been detected?
could the potentiometer/sensor for the axis on the THQ have become faulty?
Seems weird both issues started at the same time after being unplugged then plugged back in 10 minutes later

here are 2 screenshots from VKBDevCfg showing the affected axis compared to the others, all 3 on the THQ are pushed all the way forward
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png

fallout9

Re: Issues with NXT Gladiator and THQ after recently unplugged and plugged back in

Postby fallout9 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 22:15

The blue LED between the F1 and F3 buttons on the Gladiator's base means that everything is fine with the joystick.
Try clicking the Default button under the Tools tab, then recalibrate.

Pendenros

Re: Issues with NXT Gladiator and THQ after recently unplugged and plugged back in

Postby Pendenros » Mon Feb 06, 2023 22:45

OK, I just don't recall seeing it on before, just the one at the top of the stick.

I've tried doing that a couple of times but the range shown in VkbDevCfg, and I just checked in DCS as well, is still limited to 1/4 of normal.
Should I take the bottom cover off the THQ to check for a loose wire or something maybe?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 23:12

Did you tried to calibrate with Windows' tools?

Pendenros

Postby Pendenros » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:14

I haven't tried through the Windows tool just through vkbdevcfg.
I'll try doing it via the windows calibration tool when i get home from work

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:18

Please don't, that will mess it up.

Pendenros

Postby Pendenros » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:54

Sorry, didn't see your last post until after I tried it.

Surprisingly it seems to have fixed it, the full range is now recognised. I reset it to defaults and calibrated through vkbdevcfg again and it seems to be fine now

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 21:50

Well, Windows calibration is usually messing up our products, but well, it's not stupid if it works, so all good :))

Return to “Technical Support”