Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk. III annual maintenance?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Grifter-RLG

Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk. III annual maintenance?

Postby Grifter-RLG » Tue Jan 17, 2023 18:32

Hi,

I own a gun fighter Mark three MCG pro. I purchased it in 2020, and it has served me well without issues for the last two years. Currently, there are absolutely no problems with this device. I use it one or two times a week for a couple of hours each session.

However, I’ve seen comments that would suggest that annual maintenance on this device is required. I am reluctant to open the base since I really have little to no experience doing such work. Does VKB recommend annual maintenance?

I do not use the dry clutch feature, although I should probably try it. VKB has a video detailing how to re-grease the dry clutch. In the comment section underneath the video, an official VKB employee says that if you do not use the dry clutch feature, you do not need to ever worry about regreasing it. Is this correct? I assume that I may leave well enough alone in this regard, unless I start experiencing problems with it.

I’ve also seen a comment from a VKB employee, stating that after one or two years, the ball bearings may require a reapplication of fine oil. Again, I’m not experiencing any problems with the unit, but should I apply oil as a preventative measure? If so, what kind of oil should I use? Also, is there a video walk-through for this procedure? Again, I don’t want to mess up this device.

Is there any other annual maintenance that I ought to do? Something to preserve the buttons perhaps?

Finally, and I don’t think this question is as pressing as my previous ones, does VKB recommend a cover for this unit? I’ve never used one, but I’ve seen some people remarked that they do. Does VKB sell any or recommend a brand and model?

Hoping to get all my questions answered in this one thread so that I know how best to take care of my controller. Greatly appreciate VKB’s official reply to my questions at their earliest convenience.

Thanks again, loving the controller! Looking forward to the eventual release of your TECS unit!

Grif.

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk. III annual maintenance?

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 21:13

I think it'd be a good idea to open up the base and check at least on the cams, to see if they're properly tightened. Here's a complete overhaul guide if you feel like it :)

Grifter-RLG

Postby Grifter-RLG » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:58

Okay, thank you, I may do this in the next week or so. If I have questions, I know where I can come to get them answered. The video is very useful as guide through the major parts of the unit. I'll check to make sure everything is reasonably tight and the cams are operating smoothly.

Should the ball bearing require oil, does VKB recommend a certain type and brand? I assume that it would be rare for the ball bearing to require a re-application of oil?

Thanks again,

Grif

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:44

They do require lubrication, as the oil would dry up eventually. A fine lubricant would do, I use oil for bicycle chains for example.

Return to “Technical Support”