Gladiator NXT EVO; X-Axis Random Twitching [HELP]

Moderator: AdminGroup

Mayfloof

Gladiator NXT EVO; X-Axis Random Twitching [HELP]

Postby Mayfloof » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:41

I just recently purchased the Gladitor NXT EVO (Right), but I after installing/setup. I noticed in-game a slight yawing to the left.

after reviewing Windows Controller app and the VKB Joystick app, they definitely confirm what I was seeing.

At neutral position, and any other position, the stick is having frequent, small spikes in the X-axis as seen in the diagnostic image provided:

Screenshot 2023-01-14 133941.png
joystick app diagnostic graph

I'm am not terribly technically skilled, so I don't want to go trying to dismantle this brand new thing without advice.

Please help :(

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO; X-Axis Random Twitching [HELP]

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:30

Place your phone, wifi extender, router or anything else that would create EMI/RFI farther away from your desk.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sat Jan 14, 2023 19:05

Please report firm-software versions. Try press Default button. Try to update FW to latest version
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Mayfloof

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO; X-Axis Random Twitching [fixed]

Postby Mayfloof » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:18

@fallout9

"Place your phone, wifi extender, router or anything else that would create EMI/RFI farther away from your desk."

You seem to be correct, I tried just moving the joystick 2 inches, down.... left.... right... up, any other spot than where its sitting and its resolved. which is unfortunate cause thats the exact spot I need it on my desk XD

There's no particular devices that would interfere.... but I do live in a tower on a military installation, there's strong signals every direction that could potentially be the problem. I noticed my Left joystick get a brief signal input at moments too but not the same as the Right stick had.

Anyway, thank you fallout9, seems like it was some kind of EM interference, I'll see if I can clear or move my desk around in some fashion that works. Unless someone has some clever/practical way they know to shield these from signals.

Mayfloof

It was my wifi-router

Postby Mayfloof » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:24

It was my router. Playing with my router's antennae, the signal problem gets worse or better. My wifi router is ON MY DESK XD So I just need to move my router, all is good THANK AGAIN <3

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04

If it's not a limited edition you could safely keep the router hidden under the desk :)) But glad you've found the source.

Return to “Technical Support”