Releasing rapid fire trigger activates other buttons + Button conflicts.

Moderator: AdminGroup

arrkx

Releasing rapid fire trigger activates other buttons + Button conflicts.

Postby arrkx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:27

Hi VKB Team!

I have a brand new NXT EVO SCG that has an issue whereby releasing the rapid fire trigger (button 22) also triggers buttons 15 and 4. It happens when you slowly / partially release it, like just at the point the tact switch metal dome disconnects from the contacts but the instant before it snaps back into 'off' position.

This prompted me to try pressing those 3 buttons together to see what happens... The 3 buttons seem to conflict and will not activate simultaneously. Depending on which 2 are pressed first, when pressing the third, one will cut off instead of all 3 being active. Is this behaviour normal?

I've included a video for clarity. First I demonstrate how the rapid fire trigger causes the other 2 buttons to activate upon its release. Then I proceed to activate those 3 buttons in random combinations.

Let me know if you'd like any other info. BTW my firmware is the latest (as the stick is brand new, just received it <48 hours), it has been 'defaulted' and calibrated properly.

It's a wonderful stick regardless, just this little quirk when I use rapid fire and not release it 'snappily' or my finger gets lazy when holding it down.... I mean this 'partial release' issue happens commonly with tact switches right at the 'edge of contact' and is expected, but they shouldn't trigger other buttons...

I've actually got another order for the OMNI throttle on the way so will test that too when it arrives in a week to see if its consistent among units.

https://youtu.be/CxdNnIw5IQo

Cheers!

fallout9

Re: Releasing rapid fire trigger activates other buttons + Button conflicts.

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:35

Hi! That's not supposed to happen, most probably the rapid fire trigger is pressing on the board. Please feel free to open it up and see if something is out of place; otherwise get in touch with your vendor to arrange a replacement. If you'll decide to go in you could use this video as a guide.

arrkx

Postby arrkx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 18:43

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I'll get in touch with the sales team and see what they say. Will link them here for some reference as well. Keep you posted!

Have a nice weekend!

EDIT:

So I opened the grip as per the video and everything seems to be in place. After careful reassembly, the issue still persists and seems like its an electronics issue... Everything is nice and secure in there and the boards are firmly screwed in place, also when the 3 buttons are pressed simultaneously, there is no physical movement of either of the 3 boards the buttons are on (interestingly the 3 conflicting buttons all reside on separate boards) and the 3 buttons still are firmly depressed when the open states are registered. (There is also no movement when releasing the rapid fire, nor any pressure on the other 2 buttons when they are 'ghost' triggered). Another thing I noted is that the ghost triggers can happen on any of the 3 buttons upon release, but most easily re-producible on the rapid fire trigger and B1.

So just an update :) Hope this can be resolved. Will wait on the sales team.

Cheers!

arrkx

Postby arrkx » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:49

Just another update, tried gaming and got more weird inputs so I tested more button combinations and found a bunch more affected buttons which override or cancel out other buttons and some which cause other non-pressed buttons to activate.

Mostly involving all the buttons on the 2 daughter boards above the main board, as well as the entire A4 cluster on the main board.

https://youtu.be/nRAaRiRg-2Y

Anyway, had already emailed sales, had linked them here so hope this can provide info. :)

ZERO_Thunder

Postby ZERO_Thunder » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:00

Some buttons are work in axis. They connect to different different resistors. When you press different button, the aixs number(voltage) changes. Then firmware reads the voltage and trigger the corresponding logical button.
If you press/release the button way too slowy, the contact inside button may not stable and create different resistance and change the voltage.

We think most people control rapid fire trigger and side button by index finger. So they won't press them in the same time. And we didn't make adjustment on this when the PCB is designed.
Which means we are not able to change it. So please don't use the rapid fire trigger and side button at the same time.

arrkx

Postby arrkx » Mon Jan 16, 2023 19:32

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Ok, I understand, no problem then, I appreciate the explanation.

Return to “Technical Support”