Gladiator NXT EVO + THQ not registering properly in MSFS2020

Moderator: AdminGroup

NitroLiquigen

Gladiator NXT EVO + THQ not registering properly in MSFS2020

Postby NitroLiquigen » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:59

Just assembled my Gladiator NXT EVO + THQ and seems to be working fine after calibrating in VKBDevCfg. However, when I try to bind primary flight controls (e.g., rudder or elevator) in MSFS, I get an error that I'm trying to bind to a controller that's not selected. Oddly, it shows two THQ connected instead of the NXT EVO and a THQ (see attached image).

As an aside, I want to point out that in the video instructions it says to use a 3pin on the joystick and 4pin to the THQ. However, the internals of the joystick base did not match the video. There was only a 4pin on the joystick base, so I connected 4pin to 4pin. Again, everything checks out normally in VKBDevCfg, but MSFS isn't happy for some reason.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
doubleTHQ.png

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO + THQ not registering properly in MSFS2020

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:24

Use the 3 wires cable to connect the THQ to EVO; plug the 3 pins connector into the 4 pins socket like this.
Because on this unit you have 9 axes (6 on EVO and 3 on THQ) the software is splitting the whole unit into 2 virtual controllers, that's why you could see your device in 2 instances in the MXFS' bindings. If you can't bind on one of them try to other.

NitroLiquigen

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO + THQ not registering properly in MSFS2020

Postby NitroLiquigen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 19:27

Well, I swapped out the 4pin for the 3pin. Not sure if it made a difference, but I'm now able to map properly in MSFS. Still showing incorrect names, but I can live with that. Thanks for the quick response!

Return to “Technical Support”