Joysticks can't be accessed after firmware update

Moderator: AdminGroup

Beuwulfe

Joysticks can't be accessed after firmware update

Postby Beuwulfe » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:55

I updated my firmware today and ran into an issue when I went to calibrate.

I had both sticks plugged in, Gladiator NXT EVO 'Space Combat Edition' - SCG Premium Right and a Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - GNX EVO Omni Throttle SCG Premium Left, when I started the VKBDevCfg.exe for calibration. I was met with flashing lights on the joysticks and a lot of dinging noises.

An error "Error read CPUID" popped up first and then after I closed it multiple times I got another error "!!! CRC ERROR !!! Read Data Error, try again". This would go on nonstop so I was forced to go to the task manager and end it.

Both joysticks show up in the VKBDevCfg and show the latest firmware installed, but I could not select either one to continue because of the errors.

I made sure I used the latest version of firmware, VKBDevCfg, and Zbootloader2, and extracted them into one folder.

I have plugged and replugged the joysticks and rebooted them several times. Any help is appreciated and pictures are included.

Best,

Don
Attachments
Error 2.jpg
Error 1.jpg

fallout9

Re: Joysticks can't be accessed after firmware update

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:35

Some things to try: kill some background running software (some might interfere with our software, even antivirus), run VKBdevCfg as Admin, reboot in Safe mode, plug the joysticks one by one, in the back of the computer (no USB hubs or extensions), try another computer/laptop.

Beuwulfe

Postby Beuwulfe » Thu Jan 12, 2023 23:55

I followed your instructions and started in safe mode. I turned off all virus protection, adblockers, VPN, and any unnecessary background programs. I made sure that both sticks were plugged directly into the back of my PC. I unplugged both joysticks and then started VKBDevCfg in administrator mode. I inserted the cable for the Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - GNX EVO Omni Throttle SCG Premium Left first. Everything went fine and I was able to calibrate. I inserted the cable for the Gladiator NXT EVO 'Space Combat Edition' - SCG Premium Right. The previous issues I mentioned in my last post happened again. I unplugged both the left and right throttle and tried with just the right, but I still had the same issue.

I repeated this on my son's laptop and received the same results.

Best,

Don
Attachments
Error Safe Mode 2.jpg
Error Safe Mode 1.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 0:16

Use the USB cable from the working joystick on the other one.

Beuwulfe

Postby Beuwulfe » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:51

Can't believe I didn't think about that. It works fine now, so off to get a new cable. Thank you very much for the help and the clarity.

Best,

Don

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:04

That's good news :) Any printer cable would do.

Return to “Technical Support”