Gladiator damaged beyond repair?

Moderator: AdminGroup

nico.welch

Gladiator damaged beyond repair?

Postby nico.welch » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:37

I really don't know exactly what happened here. I was using my stick, as normally, when suddenly the stick was stuck to one side. I recognized this problem, as it had happened before; one of the stick adjustment screws had loosened on its own and was protruding against one of the sidewalls on the inside, keeping it from being deflected to the right. So I opened up the base, and sure enough the screw came right out and the stick went back to normal. So I tightened it right back in and put the baseplate on, and thought that was it.

But when I plugged it back in, my computer never recognized it and the base lights don't turn on. The lights on the stick do work though. Keep in mind, the entire stick was still working while it was still stuck to one side. The base switches worked, including the throttle. Only once I fixed the stuck issue did the actual controller fail to work altogether.

It would be a shame if this broke it, as I've had the screw loosening issue happen multiple times in the past. There was no real workaround, as any tighter made the joystick way too tight and way too sticky to use.

Any suggestions?

AeroGator

Re: Gladiator damaged beyond repair?

Postby AeroGator » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:38

Our support elves are coughing bad these days but I'm sure they will be around shortly.
Question number Zero: have you opened a ticket at your dealer's?
Warranty or not, this is a must.
In the meantime, to make their mission easier (and faster) please read the guidelines for requesting support (it is stuck to the top in Tech Support section of the forum); some items probably don't apply but please still list them all. And remember, a picture tells a story better than words. Just make sure it is well lit, and sharp!
We care, and we stand by our products, you will not be alone.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”