NXT+SEM+FSM.GA = Endless Calibration.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Interested_Party

NXT+SEM+FSM.GA = Endless Calibration.

Postby Interested_Party » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:37

I've looked as best as I'm able to try to find an answer for this issue.

I own a Gladiator NXT. It's patched to 2.122 firmware. I'm using the Config software v0.92.54.

I have used the NXT + SEM combo for months in Star Citizen. I love the combo. It's great and did almost everything I wanted. I'm using the flap lever as an axis/slider and I'm eventually going to do the same with the landing gear lever. Regardless, it was working well and I was enjoying it. I added the FSM.GA module (USB-C to USB-C cable) using the plastic frame and it seemed to be going well. All buttons are registering with the button tester on all 3 devices. Except that I've lost the "extra axis" on my SEM and the entire assembly keeps asking to be calibrated. I can't get it out of that loop.

I want to accomplish 2 things.

1. Sort out what is causing the calibration loop and address it.
2. reapply the axis/slider designation on the flaps lever.

I have googled and searched this site, but cannot find anything with this issue. I haven't opened the NXT+SEM assembly, because everything needing to be done with the FSM could be done externally. I did find where someone was having trouble after putting a new stick together, but this isn't that issue as this NXT+SEM assembly has been together for months and was working fine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

fallout9

Re: NXT+SEM+FSM.GA = Endless Calibration.

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 19:03

If you have added a new device to the unit you’ll have to press the Default button in VKBDevCfg, then press Yes to Autoconfigure dialog box.
Next, you’ll have to configure your SEM manually for now (it will get fixed in a future firmware), like here.
Finally, you’ll need to calibrate the unit, press the Start Calibr button, move all axes on both Gladiator and SEM, then press End Calibr.

Return to “Technical Support”