Gladiator NXT EVO / THQ Throttle buttons not working in IL-2 BOS

Moderator: AdminGroup

DastardlyDerp

Gladiator NXT EVO / THQ Throttle buttons not working in IL-2 BOS

Postby DastardlyDerp » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:17

Hello! Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to help out. Just received and setup my Gladiator NXT EVO, along with the THQ throttle quadrant. Stick feels great, solid build and quality. However, I'm having trouble getting it to work in my favorite (and only) flight stim, IL-2 Great Battles. Everything on the stick, base, and throttle quadrant seems to be working well enough. I've tested all the buttons and axes in both windows calibration and VKBConfig. I'm able to map each button to my desired function in the key-mapping options of Il-2 without issue.

Sadly, when I enter a mission, things go sideways. Only my pitch, rudder, and ailerons work. Forgive me if I'm screwing these terms up as I'm only a make-believe pilot... what I'm trying to say is, only the joystick axes themselves (NOT the throttle quadrant axes) have any function whatsoever in game. Not a single button will work, zilch.

So far, I've:

Double checked through windows/VKB software that the stick functions and the axes work to standard
Deleted the inputs config/txt file in my IL-2 BOS folder (to make the game "forget" my previous stick, so to speak)
Reset the in-game controls and remapped them to my liking (no luck)
Restarted IL-2
Restarted my entire PC

The fact that these buttons work everywhere except in game has me absolutely baffled. I feel like I'm missing some simple option or button, and I'm just a moron. I'm trying to avoid becoming frustrated, and hope someone who has dealt with this has a fix. I tried to include everything of value in this post, but please let me know if more information is required.

Ron61

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO / THQ Throttle buttons not working in IL-2 BOS

Postby Ron61 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:51

See this topic.

Return to “Technical Support”