Logical Hat function not working in macros

Moderator: AdminGroup

alexkeeny

Logical Hat function not working in macros

Postby alexkeeny » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:20

I'm attempting to create a macro where on a physical button press, a button and hat press are output to my game. Specifically, when I press the the B1 index finger grey button on a VKB Gladiator (physical button 16), it's activating macro 1, which I have set to logical button 4, and logical HAT POV1 Right. After everything is configured and set to the joystick, I press the button, and only the button #4 press occurs.

For troubleshooting, I've tried:
    Changing the macro order to send POV1 Right first, then button 4, still only button 4 output
  1. Added button 1 after the original macro, so it sends button 4, POV1 right, then button 1. Output was button 4 and then button 1.
  2. Tried adjusting press/release/delay timings, still not outputting POV1 right
  3. Tried sending other POV1 direction, none were sent
  4. Tried another non-button action in the macro; I set it to send button 4 and keyboard down arrow, both were output correctly
  5. Set physical button 16 to POV1 Right (instead of Macro 1), using the same method in the logical layer wizard, and the POV1 output WAS sent

Other context:
  1. I'm using the same button to activate Shift 1, but I tried all the same troubleshooting with physical button 16 set to "button" and there was no difference.
  2. This is ultimately for use in Star Citizen; I have the button assigned to activate Mining Mode, and I want it to send that assigned button (logical button 4), as well as POV1 Right (assigned to "Speed limiter - Reset to SCM", since my speed limiter increase/decrease are POV1 Up/Down respectively), and it also activates Shift 1, so I can modify other buttons (for example, I normally use the rapid fire trigger pull as spacebrake, and when Shift 1 is active, an RT Trigger boolean essentially changes it to function like a butalt, and it becomes a spacebreak toggle).
  3. I've attached screenshots of the Macro and the Physical layer, with the wizard window showing the relevant detail.

VKBDevCFG HAT Macro.jpg

VKBDevCFG HAT Macro.jpg
Attachments
VKBDevCFG Physical Layer.jpg

alexkeeny

Re: Logical Hat function not working in macros

Postby alexkeeny » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:05

Update:
I posted to the Discord community linked on the support page, and while a user there was also not able to get a POV1 direction to work from a macro, they did suggest a workaround; Setting a boolean NOT to activate with that physical button as input, and then send a different, unused physical button as output, which is then bound to the HAT output on the logical layer. It's messy, and I'd still like to find out how to achieve this in a macro, but it's an option if anyone else needs to accomplish this too, in the meantime.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:30

Macros.jpg

alexkeeny

Postby alexkeeny » Mon Dec 05, 2022 22:43

Thanks, Ron61! I'll admit, I did miss that checkbox in the interface and manual, but after having checked it and then Set both the macro and the overall settings, there's no change. Regardless of that checkbox, buttons and keyboard actions in macros work for me, and HAT actions don't.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:52

We see, let's try to solve.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Dec 06, 2022 21:18

Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Technical Support”