T Rudder MKIV Setup issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

Boeruine

T Rudder MKIV Setup issues

Postby Boeruine » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:03

I've made a few separate attempts at getting my new pedals set up over the past two days, and I'm running into issues. I currently have them connected, and have a steady blue light with a flashing red light.

I have downloaded the following, and extracted them all to a VKB folder on my desktop:
- T-Link
-VKB BTN Tester
-VKB JoyTester
-VKB DevCfg-C
-ZBootloader2
- VKB Device Firmware v2.12.2

As mentioned in other threads, I have run VKBDevCfg, selected the T-Rudder from the top menu (which shows as v2.118), selected Bootloader, and then selected the BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_12_2.vkb file, and then hit FLASH IT! Doing this tells me the device signature is not correct - flash fail. Doing this also causes all the lights to go out on the black box. I have also attempted to try the BlackBox MKI file with the same result.

Not sure where to go from here.

fallout9

Re: T Rudder MKIV Setup issues

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:19

The first firmware you mentioned (MKII one) is the corect one. When running the bootloader make sure you'll select the bootloader device in the lower side of the winow before hitting Flash It! button.

Boeruine

Postby Boeruine » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:34

I tried selecting the device (under the box with the asterisk), with the same result.
Before and After:
Before.jpg

After.jpg

I also noticed that when the Bootloader comes up, both the lights on the black box go out at that point- not after the failure.

This is also the device report that I get if that helps in any way.

Report.jpg

Boeruine

Postby Boeruine » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:38

I tried something new tonight, and plugged/unplugged the ethernet cord a few times, while also switching the ends and noticed that I do get a green light on the right side for about a second after plugging the cable in, and then it resumes blinking red. Are there issues with the connection that are causing the firmware flash and/or calibration to succeed?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:51

Do you have another Ethernet cable you could try?

Return to “Technical Support”