THQ WWII buttons only work when throttle axis is near zero

Moderator: AdminGroup

Milo_Minderbinder

THQ WWII buttons only work when throttle axis is near zero

Postby Milo_Minderbinder » Wed Nov 30, 2022 21:16

It's weird,

Just in the past couple of days all the buttons on my THQ WWII throttle will only work if the throttle axis is near minimum values. They had been working great for a few weeks beforehand. I recalibrated all buttons and axes but to no avail. I'm wondering if I need to open it up and check for the wiring's freedom of movement. Any suggestions or thoughts otherwise?

I have flashed with the latest bootfiles. My Gladiator set up is EVO.

Thanks in advance.

fallout9

Re: THQ WWII buttons only work when throttle axis is near zero

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:21

Open up the THQ's base plate and check on the cable that connects the EVO with the THQ and the throttle grip cable. When installing it back make sure the cables won't get damaged.

Milo_Minderbinder

Postby Milo_Minderbinder » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:05

Figured it out and got it fixed.

Yes, as you surmised, I opened the base and saw the red wire coming from the WWII grip to the joystick base had been chafing and eventually had severed with further testing. For now I did a bodge job of taping with electrical tape. Works fine now although I'd feel better if I could order that cable through the vkb site. Is there such a supply item on the site?

Fyi: when installing the THQ WWII grip, I followed the VKB video to the letter by threading the cable around the bus on the THQ base. However, this puts pressure on the wires and over time caused the cable to chafe and split at the point they thread up to the throttle handle. I would advise anyone to not do this. Now I have the cables more free by not looping around the bus.

Thanks again for your prompt feedback.. Really good support. You must be one busy person.

All the best.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:33

No worries about it, just fix it temporarily so you could use your device; meanwhile fill up a service ticket and link this post to it - they'll send you a new cable at no charge.

Return to “Technical Support”