Set causes my Right stick to change to Left

Moderator: AdminGroup

Sinan

Set causes my Right stick to change to Left

Postby Sinan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:59

I just updated both my Right and my Left Gladiator NXT EVO's to firmware version 2.12.2. Now when I want to change a setting and hit set, it changes my Right stick to Left.
When this happens both the red and blue lights on the base flash rapidly. So far the only fix is to hit the default button to restore the stick to Right.
It will do this even if I make no changes and just hit set.

Inputs are still detected in the configurator, haven't tried it in anything else. Not sure what the lights mean. I'm still learning how to adjust and configure these sticks.

Does anyone know what can be done about this? Or am I missing a step. It used to work just fine.

Ron61

Re: Set causes my Right stick to change to Left

Postby Ron61 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:34

What version of the configurator are you using? The topmost line, in brackets, shows the recommended firmware version for this configurator. Try after making changes to the setting and pressing Set, restart the configurator.

Sinan

Postby Sinan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 21:54

I downloaded both the new firmware and the configurator at the same time.

The configurator is version 0.92.54. Recommended firmware is 2.12.2. The Right Gladiator NXT Evo is v.2.122

I tried restarting the configurator the first time. Didn't seem to make a difference. The controller comes up as Left in my device list as well in Windows settings.

However, as I was taking the screenshots and running another few tests, it just stopped changing it to Left. I swear I was working on this for hours the other night.

I guess it's working now. Thanks for replying. I'll keep poking around.

Sinan

Postby Sinan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 19:13

Scratch that, now my Left Gladiator Evo is switching to Right when I hit set. It has the same firmware version however it is using the OTA. The firmware is also the OTA version. I restarted the computer just in case and now when I launch the configurator it just freezes up, stops responding, and then crashes out. After work I'm going to run some updates and try again but if anyone has some ideas, services that may need resetting, etc, please let me know.

Also I tried with just the Left controller plugged in and it still crashes. PC detects it correctly but I had to default it to restore it. I had some settings on it I need to change but can't now.

Thanks!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 19:36

Try the latest configurator and firmware.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 20:40

Also try to change the grip (from SCG to SCG LEft or SCG LEft to SCG) under Device option, in Global External panel; press Set afterwards.

Sinan

Postby Sinan » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to this.

I updated the firmware and software. However it still would change. It seems to depend on which stick I plug in first. If I plug in the right stick first then the left will change to right, and vice versa.

Changing the grip in Global External changes the left stick back to left so I guess that works. I didn't know about this option so thank you for that! Now subsequent changes do not change the stick from left to right.

Thanks guys!

nobbester

Postby nobbester » Sun Dec 04, 2022 19:04

Hi, I am having the exact same issue occurring (exact same setup/firmware). Even if I press Get and then directly set the same device it switches it to the other L/R type. Same issue with profiles that I previously saved.

I will give the suggested solution a try but it would be nice if you guys could look into fixing whatever issue is causing this. It seems to me like the L/R settings are not being updated when loading in params from a second controller.

alexkeeny

Postby alexkeeny » Mon Dec 05, 2022 0:59

I was having similar issues (and more) with the latest Config app/Firmware. My workaround has been to make sure "Partial Write" is set in the Settings tab at the top, then only Set changes for the section I've modified. So far, that has avoided any issues.

Return to “Technical Support”