How to order a replacement cable for a Gladiator NXT EVO stick

Moderator: AdminGroup

nikkoura

How to order a replacement cable for a Gladiator NXT EVO stick

Postby nikkoura » Sun Nov 20, 2022 22:54

Hi,

While converting a 'regular' Gladiator NXT EVO to an omnithrottle, I damaged the cable running from the stick to the base (the 'regular stick' one, not the longer, omni-throttle supplied one).
Long story short, I ripped one of the wires from the connector while disconnecting it.

Is there a place where I can order a replacement one? I am in EU, and the EU store does not list this type of spare part.

Best regards,

F.

skarekrow

Re: How to order a replacement cable for a Gladiator NXT EVO stick

Postby skarekrow » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:30

Hey nikkoura,

You could fill out a support ticket for assistance,
Here's how, https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-can-i-open-a-support-ticket

I have had to dive into things I thought were bad however turned out to be relatively easy to fix,
such as --- OMG daughters barbie doll head wobbles too much ---how to fix ?????
----OMG sons special bedroom hanging light string burned out---how to fix ????
----OMG daughter wants a mermaid barbie---- how to fix without spending a fortune--- Regular barbie doll + 2 rubber bands and a green wash cloth---done !!! :P
Sadly this list is too long to post and sadly continues exponentially, I reckon you get my drift, though
So------ if you are kinda like me and now take these things head on , if the wire and pin connector wasn't damaged you could just secure things back in place,
this may help if you are interested, if not interested,no worries !!!
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G7iIwfuaJ8*]
Cheers !!!

nikkoura

Re: How to order a replacement cable for a Gladiator NXT EVO stick

Postby nikkoura » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56

Hi,

Thanks a lot! I will open a ticket.

As for attempting a repair: the wire has been pried from its crimp, which is still locked in the connector's plastic housing.
I have already tried to fix such things in the past, always finishing by cutting the wire and replacing the whole connector, crimps included.`

Problem is to find the right reference for the connector & the associated crimps, which is a pain in itself. And you usually find that you can only buy them by the hundreds when you only need one. My drawers already have a few boxes of unused spare connectors, but not these ones (there's a dizzying number of sizes and shapes).

F.

Return to “Technical Support”