Please read all of it

Moderator: AdminGroup

Kamsa12

Please read all of it

Postby Kamsa12 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:57

Hello simmers,

I bought the VKB MCG Ultimate from the Europe shop in May of 2021. I've been using it since and have had intermittent issues for as long as I can remember.

It would have randomly re-center its axis and I'd have to reset it by re-plugging it. It got to the point where I had to have the software running with the AXIS test page in order to prevent intermittent failures.

Currently only 3 axis work, the brake lever and roll + pitch. No other POVs or axis work, worse though is no buttons work. What's fascinating is that if I hold down the gun trigger to stage 2, everything works while its held down, then stops when released.

Please help me troubleshoot or fix this issue because the stick is now fully unusable in its current state. I'd appreciate it greatly.

Victorus

Re: Please read all of it

Postby Victorus » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:12

Try to reconnect grip to base. What about LEDs on BlackBox?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Kamsa12

Postby Kamsa12 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 16:33

If only it were that easy. I've had to reconnect it mid flight multiple times prior because of error buildup, but this time its not fixable.

So far I've tried :

-recalibrating

-loading an old profile

-loading a default profile

-entirely flashing the stick

-old fixes that used to work

None of those have fixed the issue, the only change is the stick now sometimes boots with a temporary solid yellow on the right big LED instead of the both LEDs being white.

The phenomenon where pressing and holding stage 2 on the trigger makes everything work again only while pressed is still present.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28

Screenshot with VKBDevCfg showing Profile/Axes/Physical and Logical charts please.

Return to “Technical Support”