setting up MCG and gave up

Moderator: AdminGroup

kubovsky

setting up MCG and gave up

Postby kubovsky » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:30

Dear all,

I spend the last night trying to configure my MCG, and finally gave up.
I am using a predator mk2 pro base + mcg,

And just want to have the left Hat, as a analog POV (looks like this is default) for looking around, and the middle POV as a simple D-PAD, for setting up target binds in Elite dangerous.

Can anybody point me to what I have to set in the various tabs?

Furthermore, could it be, that Elite does not recognise all buttons, even if they are configured and detected on vkb tool?

Thank you very much!

fallout9

Re: setting up MCG and gave up

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 13:20

The MCGU has lots of hats and 2 ministicks which could be replaced with hat switches, so not sure which hats you're referring to. But, as a general rule, all hats are digital and should be assigned to digital controls (look left, look right, look up, look down instead of look up/down, look left/right). The ministicks are both digital (when in pov mode) and analog (when in axes mode); when they're in axes mode they could get assigned to analog controls.
You don't have to do any special buttons assignments through the native software, everything could be done in the game menus.
Also, the MCGU has more buttons than E:D's limitations, which are 8 axes and 32 buttons per device. In order to overcome this you'll have to split the joystick into 2 virtual controllers, so all the buttons will be recognized in game, like here.

Other useful guides on programming your joystick: assigning joystick buttons to keyboard keys, programming the ministicks, more MCGU programming tips, swapping the ministicks with hat switches.

kubovsky

Postby kubovsky » Mon Oct 31, 2022 17:16

Hi Fallout9,

thanks for your help, but still, i have probs.

You don't have to do any special buttons assignments through the native software, everything could be done in the game menus

this is not true for my stick, when i load defaults, reset and calibrate, my stick is configured like this ->

001.JPG

with master mode as vc2 and not doing anything...and pov 2 in that button switch mode when i press 2secs it becomes a POV

002.JPG

when i start Elite Dangerous, in that default state, middle POV is off completely

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:47

By default, the Master Mode ministick comes programmed as both pov and axes modes, swapped by center push button. The Gate Cont ministick is programmed only in axes mode; if you want to get it working in both axes and pov mode check the guides I posted above, either the one about the ministick or the tips and tricks one.

Return to “Technical Support”