Gladiator NXT with THQ, throttle axes not responding

Moderator: AdminGroup

TheEndlessGrey

Gladiator NXT with THQ, throttle axes not responding

Postby TheEndlessGrey » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:45

I'm having some trouble getting the axes on the THQ module to respond while connected to a Gladiator NXT - original, non-EVO. The axes on the Gladiator base are fine, all buttons are working everywhere - Gladiator base, KG12 grip, THQ base, and WW2 grip. I've downloaded the latest VKB Device Config and flashed the 2.11.5 firmware with the bootloader, then used the Device Config to set Default, then Find & Auto-Config external devices. Also took it back apart and reconnected the THQ to NXT cable to make sure it was seated properly. Not sure where to go from there.

I don't fully understand what I'm looking at in the External Devices tabs, but it seems like everything that should be there is recognized by the software, it just doesn't detect any movement when I work the throttle levers. Is there possibly something set to the wrong address in there? Thanks!

VKB Device Config Info.png

VKB Device Config Global THQ.png

VKB Device Config Global KG12.png

IMG_2149.png

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT with THQ, throttle axes not responding

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:00

Please try the attached firmware and follow with Default, Find&AutoConfig (or click Yes if asked if you want to auto configure controller) and calibration.
Attachments
_Gladiator_NXT_v2_12_2.zip
(82.44 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

TheEndlessGrey

Re: Gladiator NXT with THQ, throttle axes not responding

Postby TheEndlessGrey » Mon Oct 31, 2022 22:15

That does it, thank you for the fast response. There is a little bit of what I'm going to call a software detent on both of the THQ levers where the sensor reads at the middle of the axis and has some physical travel before the sensor begins to move again, but it's not a problem, just wanted to share that in case it's not intentional. Have a great day :D

Return to “Technical Support”