Hat switches periodically stop working

Moderator: AdminGroup

testfire10

Hat switches periodically stop working

Postby testfire10 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:26

Hello, I have the VKB Modern Combat, with the Gunfighter base, for about a year now. In the last 2 weeks or so, I have noticed that the hat switch under the thumb (not sure what it's called) stops working periodically, is there any way to troublehshoot what is happening?

fallout9

Re: Hat switches periodically stop working

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 20:22

Is it only that hat switch or more buttons or axes on the grip? Have you tried to flash it to the latest version and calibrate it afterwards?

testfire10

Postby testfire10 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:25

I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner, I thought I had notifications on.

I have not tried flashing it to the latest version yet. After further investigation, I'm thinking this may be related to the cable or the black box. When I move my joystick base slightly, sometimes I notice when it is to one side, some buttons do not work (hat switch on the left, and the thumb button are all I have noticed), and after moving the joystick and/or the cable my an inch or so, it will start working again. I'm going to take the cable off and clean the connections and see if that helps. I am probably due for a cleaning anyway. I'll report back what I find.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:01

Check the grip to base connection too - take the grip out, clean up the contact pads on the top of the base stem with a cloth and a bit of alcohol, then install the grip back on the base and push gently the grip down on the base while tightening the fastener.

Return to “Technical Support”