Assignment of GNX THQ most right throttle and main joystick horizontal axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

Alois

Assignment of GNX THQ most right throttle and main joystick horizontal axis

Postby Alois » Tue Oct 04, 2022 0:29

Hallo,
I have a GNX THQ (Throttle Quadrant) mounted on the left side of Gladiator NXT.
In VKB device config I have to choose:
- VKBsim Gladiator NXT R THQ { Ax:1 But:0 POV:0 } when I want to configurate the throttle nearest to the joystick.
- VKBsim Gladiator NXT R THQ { Ax:8 But:128 POV:1 } when I want to configurate the two other throttles.
Both the { Ax:1 But:0 POV:0 } throttle nearest to the joystick and the { Ax:8 But:128 POV:1 } main joystick horizontal axis are named as Axis X.
Now in Microsoft Flight Simulator when i assign the main joystick horizontal axis, the throttle nearest to the joystick will be assigned with the same task or vice versa.
I can't assign different tasks to the main joystick horizontal axis and the throttle nearest to the joystick.
Is there any go around or solution?

fallout9

Re: Assignment of GNX THQ most right throttle and main joystick horizontal axis

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:26

Gladiator NXT with SCG Premium grip has 6 axes. THQ has 3. Windows' limitation is of 8 axes per device. Because of this the native software is splitting up the NXT+THQ into 2 virtual devices: first device with all the buttons on the 2 units and first 8 axes (all NXT's and 2 of THQ's) and the second device with only 1 axis from the THQ.
MSFS should recognize the NXT+THQ as 2 devices, as explained before. The axes on the 2 devices, even if they have the same name, should work independently if properly assigned - make sure you're on the right device in MSFS when binding the axes, as there will be 2 devices with almost similar names.

Alois

Re: Assignment of GNX THQ most right throttle and main joystick horizontal axis

Postby Alois » Tue Oct 04, 2022 13:36

Hi and thanks for the information.
I saw the two different devices, made some changes now and basically it seems
to work, even though I didn't find the right assignment that I want for this throttle yet.
But that is not the problem of the device. :)

Return to “Technical Support”