Adding additional LEDs to the controller board.

Moderator: AdminGroup

ID0NNYl

Adding additional LEDs to the controller board.

Postby ID0NNYl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 14:11

Ive built a custom throttle Modual that connects to the gladiator NXT Evo base via a mechanical pin, when the physical ark of the omni throttle moves through it's range a pin connects and moves a mechanism and the range is transferred onto a needle and the throttle can be seen. It's pretty sweet. I'll share it around when it's finished.

Id like to build a back lit panel that can change led colours based on the axis amount. So I can program my needles ark into a nice backlit colour throttle display.

I Know extra leds can be added using WS2812 LEDs and connected to the controllers vcc, gnd, and Mosi lines however the Njoy32 guide version 2.17 only shows an older PCB with a 10 pin bus perhaps the fat Mumba edition? I for the life of me cannot find a Mosi pin on the NXT Evo base controller PCB.

I see 2 lots of through hole groups
Labeled and has the pin outs

X3-
VCCA, AUX, GND

X5-
3.3VO, GND, TX1, TX3, SPI

And an 8 pin connecter ( the USB PCB plugs Into this )with the following pins

Sh, D+, 3.3VO, 3.3V
PWR OUT, D-, TX2, GND

I'm a little out of my league when it comes to electronics so hoping one of the pros might chime in and help me find a Mosi line on my controllers PCB.

Victorus

Re: Adding additional LEDs to the controller board.

Postby Victorus » Thu Sep 29, 2022 14:40

I've seen SLED connector on Gladiator PCB. I will try to connect my WS2812 to it. Then tell about results.
Current DIY here https://mega.nz/file/BZVVkCbA#-Va9_6RPHeI9VtPDWcBdsAd-lz0sce_5nlU4Z3DxCxk
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

ID0NNYl

Postby ID0NNYl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 14:48

Wow fast reply, thanks, and your throttle DIY with the LEDs looks very nice! Jelly for sure.

I was hoping to use only 4 additional LEDs to minimize wiring and extra power needs. One each to illuminate the throttle Zone forward, centre, reverse and perhaps a boots Led too. I'll be keeping a close eye for your reply.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 15:16

As far as I know, there is no such connector in the Evo.

ID0NNYl

Postby ID0NNYl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 16:56

Thanks for your input too Ron!. If the report back isnt anything positive in the sense of connecting external LEDs to the Evo I'll just use an external led source and just have The throttle readout backlit with no communication between the base and stick.

I guess there is always button boxes and led controller boards around to just achieve this with software running on windows.

Which ever-way the outcome I really appreciate the input from the vkb-sim heavy weights.

joaquinbaeza

Postby joaquinbaeza » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:18

I have been reading the manual and I didn't find Mode fields (section 2.51, figure 2.15) so I came here for information.
So, does Gladiator have BUS connector?
Maybe Mode fields doesn't appear in the GUI due to Gladiator can't work with these.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:18

_mode.jpg

SPI #1 & #2 MODE comboboxes.
Pure Gladiator controller has BUS connector.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Technical Support”