Aircraft does not return to center

Moderator: AdminGroup

garyhayes1101

Aircraft does not return to center

Postby garyhayes1101 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 0:06

I am fairly new to flight sims, I just nought a NXT EVO flight stick coming from a Thrustmaster hotas, I notice that although the stick returns to the center the aircraft does not, is this correct behaviour?

fallout9

Re: Aircraft does not return to center

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 0:54

This depends on your in-game settings. To find out if it's joystick or a game issue run VKBDevCfg on Test/Axes1 in the background when playing; when your plane starts drifting Alt-Tab to VKBDevCfg and check the joystick's position in the tester - if it's centered then the issue come from the game. If it's not centered it means it's a joystick issue and we'll work on it to fix it here.

garyhayes1101

Postby garyhayes1101 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:24

Thanks I will try this, its not really drifting, if I am banked right and let the stick go the aircraft just remains banking right?

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Wed Oct 05, 2022 18:53

Hey garyhayes1101,
Most general aviation and ww2 aircraft have somewhat positive stability built in them in that when you initiate a climb/descent or bank they will return " somewhat to neutral flight when controls are then let go / hands off, given of course the trim is in a neutral position.
However in steeper turns you will have to apply a little opposite control to bring back to level/neutral flight. So, I am not sure what aircraft you are flying or in what sim you are in, but it may be you just need to apply a bit of opposite control to bring aircraft wings to level. I reckon this is what fallout9 is saying ,it may be just the sim you are flying, I just make a short story a lot longer :oops: I guess my point also is if you are wanting flight sim " realism" this would be normal.
Here is a video I found quickly showing a Cessna 172 with a student practicing steep turns, watch the control yoke for control input initiating and rolling out of the turn.
Hope this helps and hope I did not offend your knowledge in regards to aircraft flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O49f9Bv_svY

garyhayes1101

Postby garyhayes1101 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:18

Thanks for the reply, no offence taken:) I am an absolute beginner so all information is helpful, it seems my controller is working correctly:)

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Sun Oct 09, 2022 17:00

Great !!!
Have fun !!!

Return to “Technical Support”