Is It possible? NXT module attachements

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ron61

Re: Is It possible? NXT module attachements

Postby Ron61 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 23:48

Try the latest firmware 2.11B, maybe there was a bug in 2.119 and it is no longer available.

Viriatox

Postby Viriatox » Tue Sep 27, 2022 0:43

Okay, I've flashed the 2.11B and now the TQH + EVO (internally conected and without the SEM) works well.

Now if I connect the SEM to the TQH using the external USBs connectors, click on "Default + Find&AutoConfig" , the SEM is not recogniced, no lights at all in the SEM.

So same situation than at the beggining.

Internal conector looks working in both devices, but these configurations are failing:

-> SEM + (TQH + EVO) ------------ SEM to TQH with Type C to Type C cable
-> TQH + (SEM + EVO) ------------ TQH to SEM with Type C to Type C cable

So not sure if it is a software issue, a "not allowed" configuration, or this means that at least one of the Type C connectors of the modules is failing.

Is there any way to test directly the usb pieces of the modules?

Thanks for all of your support!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:05

Try to connect them with only the JST cables please, does that work? Not only one by one, but both at the same time. EVO to first module with 3 wires cable, module to module with the 4 wires cable.
Make sure the USB board is properly connected to the module through the 4 pin connector.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 18:42

Look at private messages.
And try this trick - connect the THQ module with a short cable (3pin) to SEM and after resetting to default configure Find&AutoConfig. And only after that change the cable to Type C - Type C.

Viriatox

Postby Viriatox » Tue Sep 27, 2022 21:47

Thanks Ron61 and Fallout9 for all of your support, this confirm me every day that moving to VKB was the best decision.

* Answering to Fallout9:
I connected THQ + SEM + EVO KG12, everything with internal connectors, (Default + Find... config.) and the THQ worked well (thankfully!), only issue is that the SEM Flap as axis was not recognised, even reseting the SEM (B1+B2+B3 process) and configuring it again, only 7 axis were displayed:
- Axis X, Axis Y and Rot Z ---> for the KG12
- Rot X, Rot Y and Slider1 --> for the THQ
- Axis Z ------------------------> for the EVO base slider

Internally plugged.PNG

I tested later the configuration as a four-position Flap and in that configuration the four positions were correctly recognised as buttons, so it looks an issue with the Axis recognition.

Is there any way to include manually that axe? I was using it as compensator/trimmer in my previous SE+KG12 configuration

*Answering to Ron61:
Testing your trick with the v2.11B firmware ended in a BUS Error (fast red and blue lights), and changing to the other firmware, the THQ was not recognised at all, even with the internal cable.

To be honest, I don't want you to waste your time with my case, since for sure both of you will have more important things to do (like TECS development :wink: )

so if there is a way to keep the Flap as an Axis, I will try to reallocate the TWCS in a UCM, and have in the desk only the fixed block of the THQ+SEM+EVOK12.
This is the global set up of the axis, but not sure about what I need to do to configure it.

SEM.PNG

THQ.PNG

KG12.PNG

Thanks again!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:07

About the USB-C to USB-C connection - check if the bus boards are properly fitted on the 4 pins from the main device, on both modules.
About the SEM - have you set up the axes like here? By default, with no axes set up both Flaps and Landing Gear would function in digital mode only.

Return to “Technical Support”