NXT EVO Axis X & Y are reversed

Moderator: AdminGroup

crushunerds

NXT EVO Axis X & Y are reversed

Postby crushunerds » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:39

in the config test axis X is reversed. when i move the sick left the dot goes right and the Y axis is reversed as well. even in DCS X and Y are backwards... is there a easy fix for this??

fallout9

Re: NXT EVO Axis X & Y are reversed

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:01

Make sure it's properly set up and calibrated by following all the steps from the guide.

crushunerds

Postby crushunerds » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:49

I ended up digging through the devconfig and found some boxes to tic that said something about invert axis and it fixed it!

Bit

Postby Bit » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:06

Hi,
Just got mine in yesterday I followed the steps in the video including calibration steps. I have to confirmed that the axis on default setting are reversed. Not sure if it's new firmware issue or the hall effect censored reversed? I have older gladiator stick and never had such issue out of the box.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 18:39

Most games provide an inversion setting. This could be done through native software too, as an axis that would work in, let’s say DCS, it would be inverted in Il-2.

Bit

Postby Bit » Sun Oct 16, 2022 21:20

Sure you can reverse it in the game or tick the box in the VKBDevCfg , but why are they reversed? This does not sim right :!: . Also the twist is making popping sound. I assume it's air in the geese?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 21:25

As I said above, in some games are inverted, in others they're not. Different games come with different ways to read an axis, that's why there's an axis inversion option handy in each flight and space sim.
Popping sound is the grease settling in, it will disappear shortly with use.

Bit

Postby Bit » Sun Oct 16, 2022 21:37

Fully programmable gear is fantastic for sure. Jut like my custom keyboards you can program QMK to do anything you wish and save it to eeprom and take it anywhere. The issue will be with the when new users like op will have a frustrating time with this. You should fix it in the next firmware so it is default. I mean it shows no such issue in your tutorial video, or at least update the video so the new users know how to fix it. It' funny to see my stick turning left when I'm turning right same with the twist and Y during calibration after ticking "fined and auto config" button.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 22:50

With all due respect, I consider that you're either not reading what I'm stating in several of my previous posts or you've never played more than a single flight sim.

Bit

Postby Bit » Sun Oct 16, 2022 23:00

LOL you clearly missed it all. What the hell how game specific axis are used or how it interprets the axis has to do with the fact that the axis are backwards in VKBDevCfg-C during and after calibration? It seams that you the one with the reading problems :twisted: :mrgreen: I had to reverse the axis in VKBDevCfg-C to make the right go right left go left and so on.
https://youtu.be/wPcmvcLkCx0?t=337 calibration clearly shows correct axis orientation. Not on mine, they are flipped and OP made it clear as well. Again, I have no issue since I know how to setup the stick to my needs without digging the forums for "HOW TO". The new customers like OP did since the video tutorial does not translate to actual stick axis orientation. I was simply trying to report the issue.

BTW way to go treating your customers like garbage and immediately assuming you are talking to an idiot. Such childish behaviour will surely drive new customers away. This will be my last VKB product for sure it's hard supporting company that treats customers like trash. You can take your outburst and keep it. :idea: You can close my account if you wish since I will not be "bothering" you with my "BS" anymore :roll:
Have a nice day.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-16 132422.jpg

ArtDev

Postby ArtDev » Wed Oct 19, 2022 20:13

in all fairness. I just got my stick and it was reversed. I thought I had done something wrong and reversed them in the game but, as not a computer person, it took me a while and some effort to get that going

Deam

Postby Deam » Sun Oct 23, 2022 20:44

fallout9 wrote:With all due respect, I consider that you're either not reading what I'm stating in several of my previous posts or you've never played more than a single flight sim.

Hi. I just wanted to report I had the same issue with the two Gladiator NXT EVOs I received a few days ago, as confirmed in the discord.

Both the X and Y are reversed, despite having the same config as others on the Discord. You can fix it relatively easily using the configuration software, but it is not an issue of calibration.

Is this something that could be corrected in a firmware update so we don't have to always invert if we reset it?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 21:23

Could you please post 2 screenshots showing 1. Profile/Axes/Logical and Physical Axes panel and 2. Global/External panel?

Deam

Postby Deam » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:27

I've attached both as requested - these are the profile I am using to make it work as expected.

I understand from the Discord that axis 2 (i.e. Y) would normally come from the factory with the inversion set to on (as mine did), but that would normally give you the expected behavior. Except I have to turn OFF the invert on axis 2, and turn on the invert on axis 1, to get the axis to report as they should normally - that is with the x value increasing as you move to the right, and the y value increasing as you pull the stick toward you.
Attachments
GlobalExternaljpg.jpg
Profile.jpg

Deam

Postby Deam » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:56

fallout9 wrote:Could you please post 2 screenshots showing 1. Profile/Axes/Logical and Physical Axes panel and 2. Global/External panel?

Just wanted to confirm if the screenshots I posted were what you were looking for to diagnose the issue? I can provide others as necessary.

Return to “Technical Support”