MCGU ministick Gate Cont push button not registering

Moderator: AdminGroup

LeLv30_Superbus

MCGU ministick Gate Cont push button not registering

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 0:45

Hi,

Still loving my GF2+MCGU but my left ministick (Gate Cont) push button is not registering. I've used a digital POV stick in its place so far, but today I replaced it with an analog ministick. It moves the mouse cursor nicely but I can't make the stick's push button do anything.

When I turn polling on in profile page and click it, none of the buttons light up. However, if I push the (digital) MASTER MODE ministick on the right (see attached image), then GATE CONT lights up. It should light MASTER MODE instead, right?

I want to use the GATE CONT as left mouse click in VR. I know this was possible in regular MCG Pro, because I had it that way for years before I purchased MCG Ultimate.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
gate_cont.png

LeLv30_Superbus

Re: MCGU ministick Gate Cont push button not registering

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:20

Update: I replaced the right pov with the analog stick too. It has the same problem with the push switch as the other one.

It seems highly unlikely that both switches I got would be broken (d.o.a.)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:29

First of all, your both firmware and software are so old. Please update following all the steps from this guide to reflash, then from this guide to calibrate.
Then, I think there's a confusion about the ministicks, here's how they work: they have 2 modes - digital (buttons/POV) and analog (axes). To swap between the 2 modes you'll have to press the center button of the ministick. Usually, by default, only the Master Mode ministick comes programmed for both POV and axes; the Gate Cont ministick [urlhttp://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=29&p=43188#p43176]could also get configured similarly[/url]. If you will replace the ministicks with HAT switches, then you'll have only digital inputs.
More about the ministick here; more about assigning virtual mouse to ministick here.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:29

First of all, your both firmware and software are so old. Please update following all the steps from this guide to reflash, then from this guide to calibrate.
Then, I think there's a confusion about the ministicks, here's how they work: they have 2 modes - digital (buttons/POV) and analog (axes). To swap between the 2 modes you'll have to press the center button of the ministick. Usually, by default, only the Master Mode ministick comes programmed for both POV and axes; the Gate Cont ministick could also get configured similarly. If you will replace the ministicks with HAT switches, then you'll have only digital inputs.
More about the ministick here; more about assigning virtual mouse to ministick here.

LeLv30_Superbus

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:24

Thank you for your reply. I'll try upgrading sw and fw. I could make the sticks work in both button/pov and axis modes. It's just that the center button you mentioned is not doing anything when I press it. It should show up in profile page (when polling is on). So I can't assign a uStick Tempo function for swapping - or left mouse button which is what I really want to use it for.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:01

Let's see if this happens with the latest software and firmware.

LeLv30_Superbus

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:22

:D Firmware upgrade to latest 2.11.0 fixed the Gate Cont push button, thank you for your help again!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 19:56

Nice! Thanks for the update.

Return to “Technical Support”