THQ / SEM not showing up correctly in Dev Config

Moderator: AdminGroup

oldmanzim

THQ / SEM not showing up correctly in Dev Config

Postby oldmanzim » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:36

I've got a THQ and SEM combo that's only showing up in Dev Config as "NXT XT" and I'm unable to calibrate or receive input from either module.
findandshow.png

I've tried flashing to the latest config (_GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5) and had no change.
I've tried finding similar issues here in Tech support but haven't found a solution.
FIND and Show button recognizes the modules but that's about it. There's no "Find and Auto Config" button.
devConfig.png

Thanks

fallout9

Re: THQ / SEM not showing up correctly in Dev Config

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:26

Press Default button first, then Find&AutoConfig should show up. Calibrate afterwards.

oldmanzim

Postby oldmanzim » Thu Aug 18, 2022 22:58

Thanks fallout9.

The after several tries, I was eventually able to get the "Find&AutoConfig" to appear.
I don't know why but most of the time it doesn't show up after pressing the Default button; which is actually the issue I have now.
Dev Config now reads as NXT SEM THQ XT v2.115 but the WWII throttle isn't being recognized.
Following the instructions for the throttle, I set the sub address to 4 but the "Find&AutoConfig" button isn't appearing after clicking "Default"
devConfig2.png

findandshow2.png

I'm pretty sure it's plugged in correctly as well.
thqInternals.jpg

Any ideas?

oldmanzim

Postby oldmanzim » Thu Aug 18, 2022 23:17

Quick update.
I was able to get the "Find&AutoConfig" button to appear by setting both the THQ and SEM to sub address 4.
Now after clicking the "Default" then "Find&AutoConfig" and then Calibrating, the Dev Config continues to tells me that I need to calibrate.
Light on the THQ flash Blue and Red, occasionally they're be purple after pressing Default and trying to whole process again.
No matter what I do though, and how many times I calibrate, even reflashed, it continues to tells me that I need to calibrate.
Last edited by oldmanzim on Fri Aug 19, 2022 0:00, edited 1 time in total.

oldmanzim

Postby oldmanzim » Thu Aug 18, 2022 23:34

Ok, I "think" I got it.
I noticed the "Cancel Calibr" button was clickable after pressing "Find&AutoConfig", so I tried the following:

!. Kept pressing "default" until "Find&AutoConfig" button appeared.
2. pressed "Find&AutoConfig"
3. pressed "Cancel Calibr"
4. pressed "Start Calibr" and calibrated.
5. pressed "End Caliir" and now it seems to have set correctly.

So maybe it's a bug? This whole process seemed very finicky.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 23:44

No need to press Cancel Calibr button. Should work as explained above, but sometimes other programs running in the background are interfering with our software. Try killing as many as you can, especially software like Logitech, Corsair, Razer, Aorus etc. Also running VKBDevCfg in Admin mode would help.

oldmanzim

Postby oldmanzim » Fri Aug 19, 2022 0:02

Ah, I see. I do have Logitech gaming running for my mouse. I'll try disabling that if it happens again.

Return to “Technical Support”