What gimbal parts for a Gunfighter Pro-L MCG Ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

Shooker

What gimbal parts for a Gunfighter Pro-L MCG Ultimate

Postby Shooker » Thu Aug 11, 2022 21:55

I have a Gunfighter Pro-L MCG Ultimate w/Built-in Twist Adapter. The gimbal came installed with AVIA-S cams. The quick guide states that a #10 – soft center detent cam is factory installed and #20 springs. I have #50 springs, but the extra cams are labeled “SPACE -S, SPACE -H, AVIA -H”. The stick presently does not go to center by itself. What parts do I need to use to get this set up correctly?

fallout9

Re: What gimbal parts for a Gunfighter Pro-L MCG Ultimate

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 0:20

The default springs are more like a holder than a suggested setup, especially for a MCGU grip with extension. For this unit you should go for the max spring, which is 1x #50 and 1x #40 per each axis. Also, Avia Hard cams would be advisable at the beginning, especially if you're using dampers too. You could also try Avia Soft. This guide explains how to set up your base (swap cams, add springs, adjust dry clutch).

Shooker

Postby Shooker » Sat Aug 13, 2022 19:43

Thank you. After I posted I went with the #50 springs and the AVIA-S cam. Absolutely appreciate the quality of this product. I already tried to get the #40 springs on as well but the size of the spring barrels was a problem for me to get them to stay on.
Do you move the #50 springs off the groove and closer to the cam to make room for the second set of springs?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 0:01

It is recommended to have the stronger spring installed on the inner side. Also, as shown in the guide above, make sure the springs' coils are facing outwards if there are 2 per cam.

Return to “Technical Support”