Is it possible to make joystick buttons TEMPORARILY Left/Right Click mouse buttons?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Synthet

Is it possible to make joystick buttons TEMPORARILY Left/Right Click mouse buttons?

Postby Synthet » Wed Jul 27, 2022 23:01

Hi there,

I followed the youtube directions to set up A1 hat as a virtual mouse, and set left click/right click to A3 hat buttons left/right.

Is it possible so that the A3 hat buttons only register as mouse click left/right while the A1 hat is toggled to virtual mouse? Or do they have to remain left/right click no matter what?

Thanks.

Victorus

Re: Is it possible to make joystick buttons TEMPORARILY Left/Right Click mouse buttons?

Postby Victorus » Wed Jul 27, 2022 23:40

What VKB product are you speaking about? FW, SW versions?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Synthet

Re: Is it possible to make joystick buttons TEMPORARILY Left/Right Click mouse buttons?

Postby Synthet » Thu Jul 28, 2022 0:59

gladiator nxt evo, space combat edition, premium right hand.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:00

Synthet wrote:
Is it possible ...?

Yes, it is. I have no gladiator nxt evo SCG/r. So settings for SCG Pro. Grip is the same. May be button numbers will be other for you.
FW version 2.11.7, vkbdevcfg.exe 0.92.35.
Main idea. Using boolean functions set A3 L/R clicks to pairs, depending on mouse state.
Mouse settings on Common tab
mouse_common.jpg

Mouse settings on POVs tab
mouse.jpg

Phys. button #5 (A1 central click) controls mouse state.
mouse_on_off.jpg

It is configured as Button Alternate. Once it is pressed and released virtual button#5 stays pressed (and mouse is active) until next physical press. Default state is Off.
Left A3 click registers as physical button #15. It must be registered as 2 separate signals.
Boolean functions.
boolean_tab.jpg

Set up LMB.
2AND function. 1st input is virtual button #5. 2nd - physical #15 (Lclick). Output - unused (for me, as example) - physical #18.
bool_2AND_2_B18.jpg

Do not forget to press SET button to save intermediate setting results!
Physical button #18 will be LMB if mouse is active. Set it up.
18_2_LMB.jpg

Set up simple button.
Boolean 2AND function again. 1st input is virtual button #5 - INVERTED. 2nd - physical #15 (Lclick). Output - physical #19.
bool_2AND_2_B19.jpg

If mouse isn't active A3 Lclick will be registered as #19 button.
SET.
Now set physical button #15 (A3 Lclick) invisible. However it will control our creatures.
_15_NOF.jpg

SET.
Now if you activate virtual mouse pressing A1 central click, A3 Lclick works as LMB. If you press A1 central click again, mouse will be deactivated and A3 Lclick will be registered as physical button #19.
Try to set up A3 Rclick similarly.
Be lucky!
PS
I recommend to indicate mouse state.
Mouse_LED.jpg
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Synthet

Postby Synthet » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:11

Thanks! I got it working.

For those who are looking to do the same with the Gladiator NXT evo, I did have to make one change. If you're going to use the A1 Hat press as the switch to activate mouse, when you do the boolean stuff, you'll need to assign the A1 Hat button (13 in my case) as P-Alt instead of 'virtual' like in the guide above. Not sure if this is the case with every button you might use as the mouse on/off, but it was for the A1 Hat click.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Return to “Technical Support”