Gladiator EVO and THQ Not Powering on with Windows

Moderator: AdminGroup

HotCarl73

Gladiator EVO and THQ Not Powering on with Windows

Postby HotCarl73 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:24

I have a Gladiator EVO and the WWII THQ+SEM-V combo plugged into the same powered USB hub that my T-Rudder and several other devices are plugged into. When I turn on my computer, just the Gladiator and THQ (not connected to Gladiator) don't power on. I unplug them and replug them both and all is well. Everything else in the hub powers on normally. No USB's are set to go to sleep. I don't have any open USB's to plug directly into the motherboard permanently, nor are the cables long enough to reach. It's a minor inconvenience, but one I'd like to resolve. Any ideas?

BTW, I'm coming from a Microsoft FFB2 that I purchased when they upgraded from the serial or PS/2 plug to the new fangled USB technology. I think I bought it before my daughter was born, and I have two grandkids now. I miss the force feedback, but wow is this new VKB stuff great.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator EVO and THQ Not Powering on with Windows

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:55

Test them both plugged directly to the computer; this will tell if it’s an issue with that powered USB. Might also be an issue with your power supply unit, if there are too many devices plugged in.

HotCarl73

Postby HotCarl73 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:32

OK, I tried that. Works fine now. I can't leave it that way, but it's not a joystick problem, I'll figure it out. Thanks for your help.

adder_69@outlook.com

Postby adder_69@outlook.com » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:21

i have the same problem if you moved to another USB con. that will to is i had ro reconnect mine to the same connections i used befor movin the .i moved the back and i have power now often i have to disconnect the sticks and let them go thru installation again but that a real pain let me know if you overcome this error/errors

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:58

Sorry Adder, not clear what's not working, could you be more specific?

adder_69@outlook.com

Postby adder_69@outlook.com » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:11

I was stupid.. must learn to follow instruction. was an easy fix, i removed the units from my pc deleted everything then re attached then dl the vkb firmware

Return to “Technical Support”