Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5.vkb

Moderator: AdminGroup

takeoverraider

Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5.vkb

Postby takeoverraider » Mon Jul 18, 2022 13:37

Error in latest firmware for GNX modules with USB Controller. That is the latest firmware file I downloaded "GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5.vkb" which is needed to support the GNX THQ ‘WWII Throttle Grip’ which I just purchased from you.( I've also downloaded the coresponding latest config file) does not allow the ability to alter buttons or LEDs. I can not use my GNX modules set properly until this problem is fixed. All buttons and LEDS are greyed out and can not be accessed. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by takeoverraider on Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Re: Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2.09.0.vkb

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 19:34

Latest published firmware package is 2.115 though. You shouldn't use 2.090 anymore, as it doesn't work with the WW2 throttle grip (it actually works, but you have to do the changes manually).

takeoverraider

Re: Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2.09.0.vkb

Postby takeoverraider » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:12

My apologies that was before I ugraded, I am now using the latest firware _GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5 and can not program LEDs or buttons as the button areas on config are greyed out and no LED registers appear. As soon as I attempt to program a button it just goes back to the orginal default setting. Same with LEDS.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

takeoverraider

Postby takeoverraider » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:19

I noticesd the calibrate box is not ticked on is this the issue?
I can not manually tick it on?
See pic.
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg

fallout9

Re: Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5.vkb

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:08

There are a few steps to take before making any changes to the profile:
1. Press Default button under the Tools tab (make sure your device is selected at the top of the window);
2. Press the Find&AutoConfig button on the Global/External/ExternalDevices tab (make sure your device is selected);
3. Press the Start Calibr button under the Tools tab, then move all the axes on your unit through their whole range: THQ's and SEM's (if you set up either the Flaps or/and Landing Gear as axes). Press End Calibr when done;
4. At this moment you could start making changes to the current profile; my suggestion is to save the profile before making any changes though, so you could get back to a vanilla profile in case something gets messed up (you could do the same by repeating the whole procedure again, but it takes more time). A guide on making changes to a profile is here.

takeoverraider

Re: Error in lastest firmware for GNX modules with USB - GNX_USB_Controller_v2_11_5.vkb

Postby takeoverraider » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03

I have done all that a hundred times.
It appers to change the button then you save profile , bring it up recong app again and its not there.
The buttons are greyed out permnently even after default, find and reconfig, start calibration, end calibration. It makes no difference you can not change buttons or leds permananetly. it will not save any changes.
I suggest you try it for yourself. I suspect the firmware is flawed.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:36

The firmware is fine. Take a look at the profile video guide I've linked above - it will tell the difference between Set and Save functions (hint - Set writes the changes you've made to buttons, axes, LEDs into internal memory, Save saves the changed profile on your hard drive, creating a restore point).
If still not working do again steps 1, 2 and 3 and post the screenshots showing the following panels: 1. Global/External/ExternalDevices, 2. Profile/Axes/Logical and Physical Axes, 3. Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:51

Please show External tab. Check S-But for SPI is selected. Set registers number using RegN counter. 5 for example.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

takeoverraider

Postby takeoverraider » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:57

I have posted the various things you asked me.
Global-External-External Devices.jpg
Global-External-External Devices.jpg
Profile-Buttons-Physical Layer.jpg

Global-External-External Devices2.jpg
Global-External-External Devices3.jpg
Global-External-External Devices4.jpg

Also every time I attemp to make changes to Buttons or LEDS, I get error message " write data fault, no new data"

So to summarise the default and find and auoconfig are NOT properly regitering my buttons and LEDS to begin with and secondly wont allow me to make changes. I have reloaded the firmware and recalibrated a hundred times. Please help, this is frustrating!
Set - No new data error.jpg
Set - No new data error
Attachments
Profile-Axes Logical-Physical.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01

Please check again my post where I explained the steps you have to follow in order to get the device working. From your screenshots it is clear that you missed at least point #2 - I could tell you haven't pressed the Find&AutoConfig button because once pressed it disappears (yours is still there).
Repeating the flashing and calibration won't help you fix the issue, same as trying to push changes into a device that haven't been properly initialized. Please follow the indicated steps.

takeoverraider

Postby takeoverraider » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:10

Aha yes you are correct.
Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt.
When i finish calibration and end calibration ans find and config disapper, it keeps on coming up with a window constantly need to calibrate controller. doesnt matter how many times i do it or close and reopen config.

takeoverraider

Postby takeoverraider » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18

Aha yes you are correct. But.......................

Sometimes it does work correctly and sometimes it doesnt intermittently.
But, when i finish calibration and end calibration successfully as you have explained and "find and config" disappear, it still keeps on coming up with a window constantly with a box "need to calibrate controller" doesnt matter how many times i do it or close and reopen config. Also everytime i change a button when i test no chnges happen, and when hit set i get an error messgae wrire data fault - no new data. So something is still wrong with "Find and Configure" or saving the calibration process, as its not registering properly the end of calibration.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:49

Let me list what you'd expect when following the steps above: after pressing the Default button the device restarts and you'll have to make sure that, after it shows up again in the device list, it's selected (just mouse click on it to be sure). It is normal for the calibration dialog box to show up at this stage, as resetting it to default you erased previous calibration.
Then, after pressing the Find&AutoConfig button the device will restart again; as before, make sure it's selected at the top before advancing. The calibration dialog box will pop up again, it's normal.
After you press the Start Calibr button, get all axes through their whole range, then press the End Calibr button the device will restart again. At this point, if everything has been done properly, there should be no calibration window popping up anymore, as the device is both properly calibrated and setup.
At this stage you could start making adjustments; existing button's cells should be in white, available to program them. If you set up a button, for example, to Tempo function, after programming it you'll have to press the Set button in order to save that change to your profile. If you'll press the Set button and there is no change made, then the No new data! window will show up. Be advised that if you make changes to a button and select another device, then come back and try to save, your changes have been discarded; so you'll have to stay on that device until you'll press the Set button, otherwise you'll lose the changes. Hope that makes sense.

takeoverraider

Postby takeoverraider » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:01

Untitled.jpg

I have done everything you have said.
As you can see it WILL NOT SET after making a button change no new data. When I test the buttons nothing changes, even though the table as seen above appears to show the change to button 49. Write data fault. it is NOT registering my changes.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:07

Is there any other computer you could try this? Sometimes background running software interferes and our software is blocked. Or at least try to kill other software running, especially things like Corsair, Razer, Logitech, Aorus - these have been reported as interfering with our software.
Other things to try - plug directly to the back of computer (no hubs, no extensions), run VKBDevCfg as Admin, restart in Safe mode and try again.

Return to “Technical Support”