Faulty sensor on Y axis of Gladiator MK II

Moderator: AdminGroup

Wild_Robbie

Faulty sensor on Y axis of Gladiator MK II

Postby Wild_Robbie » Fri Jul 08, 2022 0:18

I have a Gladiator Mk II that has a faulty sensor for the Y-axis on the stick. I've inspected the wiring inside with a multimeter and have ruled out a bad connection from the sensor to the main board. If the joystick sits without use for about 30 minutes, I can recalibrate it using the Device Config software and it works fine, but after 5-10 minutes of use the axis either stops responding or the calibration is suddenly off (center stick registers as "0" or max Y input). Any ideas of how to fix? Or can I order a new sensor for it from VKB? I don't want to replace an otherwise perfectly working stick just because a cheap part goes bad.

fallout9

Re: Faulty sensor on Y axis of Gladiator MK II

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 0:29

Please fill up a service ticket for this issue. Also check on the magnet, see if it didn't got loose.

Wild_Robbie

Postby Wild_Robbie » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:28

I got a replacement sensor for the Y axis today. I just finished installing it, set the joystick back to default and recalibrated. Strangely, it only works for half of the range despite calibrating. Pushing forwards, the sensor reaches maximum at only half the distance to the end, and the same goes for pushing backwards. I've checked again that the magnet is secure and the firmware and software are updated to the most recent versions. It also can't be an issue with the main PCB because I switched the jumper cable to the x axis connection and the problem persisted there. I also switched the jumper cables and there was no change. Any idea what could cause this and how to fix if the calibration tool doesn't take care of it?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:33

Make sure you're using last versions of software (here), bootloader (here) and firmware (attached).
Attachments
_Gladiator-MK2_KG12_v2_11_5.zip
(77.67 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Return to “Technical Support”