New Gunfighter MK3 with KG12 Grip - Grip not detected

Moderator: AdminGroup

extradirty

New Gunfighter MK3 with KG12 Grip - Grip not detected

Postby extradirty » Fri Jul 01, 2022 22:18

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my brand new Gunfighter and I hope somebody can be of assistance. The roll and pitch axes of the stick work fine, however the black box is giving me a blinking red light in the number 2 slot. I've tried some of the fixes that I've found on this forum but to no avail. What I've tried so far:
1. Disassembling and reassembling the grip multiple times, making sure there is no gap between the stick, extension, and base.
2. Cleaning the contacts with alcohol.
3. Removing the extension and just installing the grip to the base.
4. I've also used vkbdevconfig (0.92.17), and zbootloader (2.0) numerous times to get this to work. I will describe my steps and post screenshots of the programs as I used them. I placed all VKB files, the vkbdevconfig, and Zbootloader2 in the same folder as instructed as well. I've runt through the following instructions from this forum multiple times with no luck. Ive included notes as to were I was forced to deviate from this procedure, I assume most of them are due to new versions of the vkbdevconfig and zbootloader.

1. Run vkbdevconfig as administrator.
2. Click on the stick name in the upper pane to highlight it. All the buttons on the tools and action tabs should light up.
3. From within vkbdevconfig click on the bootloader button. Note for me this only opens the Zbootloader without closing the vkbdevconfig as I've read it should on other forum posts.
4. Verify that vkbdevconfig is closed before continuing. It should be. NoteFor this step I've tried closing vkbdevconfig as instructed as well as leaving it open because it doesn't close on its own; either way no success.
5. Go to your vkb folder and run the bootloader app as administrator. Note I've tried both flashing as these instructions say, by closing everything then running Zbootloader as administrator and by just flashing it once the program opens.
Once started it should have a green light showing ready to flash. Note=Ive also tried flashing with _BlackBox_GF_KG_v2_09_0.vkb just in case with no success.
6. In the bootloader, browse to the FW you've saved in your vkb folder and click open.
7. Click flash it. Let bootloader do it's thing. When it's done it'll probably try to open vkbdevconfig. I closed both programs afterwards to run vkbdevconfig as admin.
9. Run vkbdevconfig as administrator and click on the stick name in the upper pane to highlight it so the buttons again light up.
10. Click on the default button. This will default the stick to a factory state profile. Let it restart before proceeding.
11. Once it's restarted, again click on the stick name to highlight so the buttons light up.
12. Click on the start Calibr button.
13. I run through the calibration and the X and Y axis work fine, however there is no response from any of the buttons or triggers.
14. Click End Calibr.
15. The stick restarts but all buttons in the Buttons/POV tab are greyed out and the red light continues to flash.

Any help will be appreciated, I've been going through the forums and can't find anything else to even try.
Attachments
VKBdevconfig after flashing and pressing default.png
vkbdevconfig buttons.png
Vkbdevconfig external devices.png
VKBdevconfig screenshot 1.png
VKB Zbootloader screenshot 1.png
VKB Zbootloader screenshot 2.png

fallout9

Re: New Gunfighter MK3 with KG12 Grip - Grip not detected

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 22:35

Reflashing it was a mistake, as the joystick came with a newer firmware than the one you’re flashing. Not at the computer now, but I’ll upload the right firmware for you soon.

extradirty

Postby extradirty » Fri Jul 01, 2022 22:40

To anyone else with this problem, I tried the firmware I found in the following post and that seems to have worked.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6522&p=54479&hilit=kg12#p54479

To fallout, I was having the issue right out of the box originally, before even downloading any of the software.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 22:59

I can assure you that ALL joysticks are checked before shipping and the moment when they ship they come with the right firmware. Most probably at first you had a connection grip to base issue, grip not seated properly, then you flashed with a firmware which doesn’t read the new grip.
Good that you’ve fixed it, I’ll still provide you a better version of firmware later.

LE: link.

Return to “Technical Support”