Gladiator NXT ministick reverses direction when pushed to far left/bottom

Moderator: AdminGroup

dilbadil

Gladiator NXT ministick reverses direction when pushed to far left/bottom

Postby dilbadil » Sat Jun 25, 2022 0:21

When I push my ministick to the edge of its range, the input suddenly reverses direction. So if I push it slightly left, I get the appropriate response, but if I push it all the way to the left, suddenly I'm inputting a hard right action. Hopefully the attached GIF illustrates this.

Is this an issue with my configuration?
Attachments
VKBDevCfg-C_YaVfikkry4.gif
Ministick reverses direction at edge

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT ministick reverses direction when pushed to far left/bottom

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:29

You need to calibrate all axes, ministick's included, to avoid issues like this. Press Default button under Tools tab, then Start Calibr button and move the joystick along all axes: pitch, roll, twist it, move the minithrottle up and down, press the center button of the ministick and when the red LED light up move the ministick all around. Press the End Calibr button to finish calibration and test again.

dilbadil

Postby dilbadil » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:31

Thanks so much! This started happening after switching to an Omni throttle and I didn't recalibrate.

Techsniffer

Postby Techsniffer » Sat Jul 16, 2022 19:52

Since I had this issue as well I would like to clarify for anyone else that runs into this same issue:
The underlying issue is that when you are in calibration mode in the VKB Config Tool is if you move the ministick directions too "hard" sometimes they move a different direction, in my case when I moved the stick down it would then register up instead, which I feel like is a design/software/hardware issue that needs to be corrected.

But here are the steps I took to get my ministick working properly:
1. Go to the VKN Config Tool
2. Click the Default Button (Click ok on the popup)
3. Click the Start Calibr button
4. Do not touch the ministick yet!
5. Press all other buttons, all other HAT switches (including pressing down), and move/rotate all axis. And then once all other buttons/axis have been moved GENTLY move the ministick in all 8 directions, then when you middle press the ministick the Red light will go off, then again GENTLY press the ministick in all 8 directions while watching the POV image in the tool and once you have done that without it going a different direction click the End Calibr button.
6. If you move the ministick and it goes in a different direction in the POV during calibration, you MUST start all over from the beginning.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:22

I have already written about this several times - there is no need to open the Test-Axes tab during calibration and focus on the readings of the sliders.
I recommend doing calibration with the Profile-Axes tab open, so to speak "into the dark".
And then, according to the changed KdHi, KdLo numbers, after pressing the "End Calibr" button and rebooting, we can conclude that the calibration is correct.
For axes with a center, there should not be 255.

Techsniffer

Postby Techsniffer » Mon Jul 18, 2022 15:39

I don't think I understand what you're saying, or how it relates to the issue at hand.

Return to “Technical Support”