NXT EVO Omni Throttle Y-Axis?

Moderator: AdminGroup

MjrSinkhole

NXT EVO Omni Throttle Y-Axis?

Postby MjrSinkhole » Mon Jun 20, 2022 15:48

Hey all. I have a Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle Premium Left. My Y-Axis only registers half of the movement. (32767-0) and not the full 65535-0 travel. It is as if the range of travel is literally cut in half, with zero being full forward and full back only being 32767. This is the number is the same center point number as all other Axes. Is there a way to correct this in the software? This is what it shows in the software with the stick centered.
Attachments
2022-06-20.jpg

skarekrow

Re: NXT EVO Omni Throttle Y-Axis?

Postby skarekrow » Mon Jun 20, 2022 17:57

Hey MjrSinkhole,
It sounds like to me that you may need to calibrate the throttle if you have not done so already.
Here's the closest thing I can find that might help you in proper calibration, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPcmvcLkCx0
Just fast forward to 4:50 on this video and it will pick up to where it should pertain to your setup.
Hope this helps !
-sf-

franker69

Postby franker69 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:37

Hello!

I've got my NXT EVO yesterday and I have the same issue. It depends from where I start to calibrate (lower or end position) it shows me only the lower half range or the top half of the range (from 0 - 32K or 32K to 65k). I tried several calibration after watching like all the actual videos for the NXT , but it is always the same. All other axis and button are working correct. It is only the y-axis and in this case for me unusable :/
I also read about issues with the magnet on the encoder but I will not touch that on a brand new device. I think I have to exchange it :/

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 21:57

Please post 2 screenshots with VKBDevCfg, first showing the Global/External panel and second the Profile/Axes/Physica and Logical axes.

JerBearTeo

Postby JerBearTeo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:16

Had this same problem and I figured out why. If your Omni throttle is in the fully up or down position when you start the calibration, it will only register 50% of the axis. You have to put your throttle in the center when you calibrate. Suggest to leave the springs in there so it returns to center while you do your calibration, then remove the springs if you want to use it like a throttle after calibrations are done.

Return to “Technical Support”