NXT Evo not booting up when THQ is connected

Moderator: AdminGroup

Krovax

NXT Evo not booting up when THQ is connected

Postby Krovax » Tue Jun 14, 2022 19:35

Hi,

I ordered a THQ module to complement one of my EVOs with additional throttles (#25822). I used the video provided to assemble the system, however VKB Device Config refuses to detect my EVO as long as the THQ is connected to it. As soon as I remove the cable and plug USB back in, the EVO boots up fine an is recognized by the OS and devconf tool. I tried connecting the THQ to either side of both of my joysticks, but the problem remains: no OS sound notification, no joystick showing up in the device list of devconf, as long as the THQ is connected.

The LEDs on the joystick do turn on and the LED in the top of the grip turns on shortly but does not switch over to blue, as it normally does.

I've attached a picture of the cabling, which is the same as posted in another thread about this exact setup.

Firmware version of both joysticks is up to date 2.103, as they are fairly new (I bought them 2 months ago (#24641)).

I also used my multimeter to check the cable, but that is fine, and also the voltages towards the THQ, both with or without THQ connected I get the full 3,3V.

Also one thing I noticed: both jumpers A0 and A1 are in the off setting (if I interpret the PCB print correctly), is this as expected? (see attached photo)

Anyhow, any help is more than welcome.
Attachments
photo_2022-06-14_18-30-50.jpg
THQ_A0_A1_jumpers
photo_2022-06-14_18-10-25.jpg
EVO_to_THQ

fallout9

Re: NXT Evo not booting up when THQ is connected

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 19:48

There’s a new firmware to install in order to get them work together. Easier on Discord though, please contact me - VKB Operator on Hotas Discord server.

Return to “Technical Support”