fit twist on gladiator mk2 pro + Mk4 rudder + MCG Pro

Moderator: AdminGroup

ddthienvuong

fit twist on gladiator mk2 pro + Mk4 rudder + MCG Pro

Postby ddthienvuong » Mon May 23, 2022 21:29

hi, I have a Gladiator MkII Pro base with MCG Pro grip + twist adapter. A MkIV Rudder is also connected into the base, making the total number of axes in this set up 8: X,Y the base throttle wheel, the grip's ministick X & Y and brake lever, the twist adapter AND the rudder pedals.
I have tried my best on the VKB configurator to make them all appear and assignable, like this
setting norm.png

EDIT I uploaded the wrong photo here, where I set axis 7 to Vmars instead of Dmars like Ron61 pointed out below. I have made corrections accordingly.
vax.jpg

With this arrangement all my 3 axes are recognized and movable BUT the twist axis, configured to be shown as "Rot X" just will refuse to go register its full range of motion. In other words, when I twist it fully rightward, this is what shows up on the axis test
Screenshot 2022-05-23 201829.jpg

As you could see, the Rot X axis simply will not go any further right despite me twisting my stick to the end of its physical limit in that direction. Of course I have done calibration.
Now however, if I were to make this small modification as shown here
EDIT my mistake, I should have circled the #7, not the #8
mod ax7.png

Then that twist axis will just take the place of the rudder axis (axis 7, configured as "Rot Y") and WILL be able to move its full range of motion (under the name "Rot Y"), as shown here
roty.png

Now, it would be so nice if I could use my original arrangement but make the twist axis register its full range as intended. I have lost a few grams of braincells doing trial and error to resolve this and have chosen to conserve what's left of my sanity to read the DCS manuals. Any help would be warmly appreciated.
Or I'm basically fine with any way for me to use all of my axes to their full ranges of motion.
Please help. My brain is begging me to stop torturing myself with this little bug :)
Attachments
vax norm.png
Last edited by ddthienvuong on Tue May 24, 2022 0:08, edited 5 times in total.

Ron61

Re: fit twist on gladiator mk2 pro + Mk4 rudder + MCG Pro

Postby Ron61 » Mon May 23, 2022 22:17

When pedals are connected, they occupy only one designated and reserved place for them - the 7th axis. And the sensor type for them in Input should be D-Mars.
We connect the twist in External to the 8th axis and the sensor type must be V-Mars for it. You need to set these parameters and re-calibrate.

ddthienvuong

Postby ddthienvuong » Tue May 24, 2022 0:04

Hi Ron, thanks for replying. I'm so sorry for posting my wrong config photo. I took 2, 1 for my original config and the other for the stop gap measure to replace rudder pedal with twist, and I uploaded the wrong one there...
Yes I have set that axis 7 to DMars in the original config as you said and the result was exactly as I have described.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue May 24, 2022 0:22

Ok, then to lower the values of 255,255 on the 8th axis, you need to increase the multiplier MPL=9, Set and calibrate.

ddthienvuong

Postby ddthienvuong » Tue May 24, 2022 23:23

it worked!

ok serious extra question: how do you know the correct values for mpl? And how can I be as good as you are? :)

Return to “Technical Support”