VESA adapter for GNX stand-alone modules. (Updated with STL file)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Shippo_TX

VESA adapter for GNX stand-alone modules. (Updated with STL file)

Postby Shippo_TX » Sat May 14, 2022 0:16

I've got a pair of Gladiators (pre-NXT) each mounted to a Foxxmount stand and I'd like to add two GNX stand-alone modules to my setup but the MFD plates that I want to get (specifically these https://foxxmount.com/collections/acces ... -mount-new ) don't look compatible with GNX modules out of the box. So does anyone know where I might get a pair of adapter plates, from VESA to GNX base? I'm thinking these could be 3d printed as well, so if anyone knows of any STL files of an adapter I can try printing my own but I haven't found any as of yet.

Thanks!

Update:

Throwing caution to the wind, I've decided to just design my own adapter, based on the measurements of a GNX baseplate diagram that I found (shown below) and a standard 75mm VESA mount.

GNX_baseplate.png
Baseplate Diagram

Here's the adapter that I've come up with.

GNXtoVESA75.png
STL model

All of the holes are intended to fix M3 screws, with 6mm x 3mm circular indentations so the screw heads (should) fit flush within the adapter. The outer holes are all 75mm apart from the hole centers, while the inners holes are 60.5 mm apart in width and 43mm in height; in accordance to the GNX diagram. The adapter itself is 5mm thick. I've also attached the STL model to this post in case anyone needs it and I'll probably throw it on Thingyverse once I've proven that it works so it's a little more public.

With all that said, if anyone can think of any modifications or if I've made a grave mistake in my measurements, please let me know.
Attachments
GNXtoVESA75.zip
GNX to VESA 75 STL file
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Return to “Technical Support”