VKB SEM cyclic button and leds

Moderator: AdminGroup

varzaman

VKB SEM cyclic button and leds

Postby varzaman » Fri May 13, 2022 1:26

Hello.

I am trying to make the B1 button on the VKB SEM a "toggle", in that when I press the button it activates one function (ON), and when I press it again it activates another function (OFF).

To accomplish this, I made B1 a Cyclic button. My understanding is B1 is physical button 3, so I modified cell #3 to do this. (screenshot posted).

I then set the virtual buttons the cyclic button created to 25, 26 (as to not interfere with any other buttons set).

This seems to work how I intended. When I click B1, 25 activates. Click it again, 26 activates (and so on).

I now want to have the B1 LED (led 12) now change state depending on what cycle just got activated.

So the full flow:
1. LED starts off as red.
1. Press B1. Activate ON (button 25). Light turns green
2. Press B1 again. Activate OFF (button 25). Light turns red

and so on.

I'm struggling with the LED portion of things.

I first started with making two logical button led events (logicalbutton.png). This doesn't seem to have the desired effect. The led flashes, but doesn't change.

Someone then recommended me to use the cyclic option (cyclic.png). This works if I have my buttons 25, 26 set to something below 15. The cyclic led option won't actually let me input something above 15 in it.

Versions I'm using:

VKBConfig 0.92.17
SEM firmware: 2.111

What is the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!

What is the best way to accomplish what I'm doing?
Attachments
logicalbutton.png
cyclic.png
Button.png

varzaman

Re: VKB SEM cyclic button and leds

Postby varzaman » Wed May 25, 2022 22:53

Bumping this as I'm still looking for a solution.

Fakesz

Re: VKB SEM cyclic button and leds

Postby Fakesz » Thu May 26, 2022 10:47

Hello!

I'm using a similar function for the LED on my Glad. EVO.
I'm not familiar with the cyclic switch operation. Does it stay on (Button 25) when you want the LED to be green?
If yes I think the LED settings should look like:
LED zero event constant Color1 red anycolor
Led virtual button 25 constant Color1 green anycolor

If no, and only temporally activates Button 25 you should set up a boolean RS trigger. (R - Button 26, S - Button 25, Output any button which not used)
On the green LED event the button number should be changed to the RS trigger output number.

On your screenshot you use inverted button 25 with red color and after that button 26 with red color. That's for sure is not working.

Return to “Technical Support”