IL2 and T-Rudder Brake Mapping with MCE Mk III

Moderator: AdminGroup

cheesegoda

IL2 and T-Rudder Brake Mapping with MCE Mk III

Postby cheesegoda » Tue Apr 19, 2022 21:03

I recently have set up the T-Rudder with the VKB MCE on the GF base. I downloaded the profile linked below to set up the toe (L/R) wheel brakes. I can see that using the MCE brake uses slider 1 and 2 at the same time. If I step on the right pedal with the brake lever down, slider 1 goes to 0 and vice versa. How do I actually map this in IL2 Stalingrad? I've been scouring forums for an answer, but haven't found it yet. I see that it can be done with T-link, but VKB config can take care of it since I have the blackbox and a VKB stick + pedals.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4277&p=40239&hilit=virtual+brakes#p40239

Ron61

Re: IL2 and T-Rudder Brake Mapping with MCE Mk III

Postby Ron61 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:11

In this profile, the brake lever controls the degree of braking, and when the foot is given, the opposite wheel is released and the aircraft turns in the direction of the foot. Before assigning brake axes (for airplanes that had them in real life) in the game, you need to fully squeeze the brake lever and then the game will correctly pick up the desired axles. And will not respond to the axis of the lever.

Sokol1

Re: IL2 and T-Rudder Brake Mapping with MCE Mk III

Postby Sokol1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 19:53

If I step on the right pedal with the brake lever down, slider 1 goes to 0 and vice versa.

Old matter, but in IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles (Battle of "X" series) don't need assign right and left wheel brakes - of course if one don't have rudder pedal with "toe brakes", if have just use their axes.

Just assign MCG brake lever in game controls for "wheel brakes" and left "Right brakes" and "Left brakes" without assignment.

In game pressing the brake lever on MCG brake both wheels, and pushing the rudder pedal for Right or Left release the brake in opposite wheel, what make the plane turn on ground for the side of rudder movement. The brake force applied on wheels is proportional to MCG brake lever movement, if is 40% brake force is the same.

This "British brakes" method work for any plane of Greate Battles, even those with brakes only on foot, e.g. P-51 Mustang.

It's basically what T-Link do using button for press the "wheel brakes" (0 or 100%), without the possibility to modulate the brake force on wheels, what MCG brake lever allow.

Return to “Technical Support”