Ever find your PC typing away on it's own?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drano

Ever find your PC typing away on it's own?

Postby Drano » Tue Apr 19, 2022 19:56

This has happened to me a few times and I've always found my GF/MCG-Pro to be the culprit. Un-plugging and plugging the USB cable back in didn't help. As soon as the BB rebooted it'd start typing again. I'd have to go the shorting the pins to reset the black box and re-flash route to get it to stop. It happened again the other day and I stumbled on what was probably the problem all along. Looking at what it was typing I noticed it was what I'd programmed to the two stage trigger. Pulled the triggger and it stopped. Hmm...did I forget to calibrate the trigger the last time I did the stick? Maybe. Maybe I'd just bumped it out of the "home" position and it was in a position to send that key command----over and over and over. Re-calibrated again--fully-- and the problem went away.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case it happens to anyone. The solution was easier than what I'd been doing, clearing the BB. With my original BB that involves opening it up, I think the newer ones have a reset button. Anyway, If it's acting like a button is stuck, try to remember which button whatever is being typed is mapped to. Pushing that button, in my case the trigger, will probably clear it. If it recurs, re-calibrate.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2