Gladiator NXT EVO Y axis re center

Moderator: AdminGroup

prometheus

Gladiator NXT EVO Y axis re center

Postby prometheus » Sun Mar 27, 2022 19:54

Hi, the 2 screws that control the Y pitch were only slightly tightened (I do not like to apply a lot of force). The position of the stick got stuck in 1 position (1 screw inside became completely loose and came out and stick would not move). I opened the base and tightened the screws. The stick re centers perfectly for the X axis and ROT Z Axis (twist). The Y axis re-centers perfectly when pulling down on the stick. When you press forward on the stick (Y axis), it does not go back to exactly center. It is off by roughly 600 to 1000 (only when pushing the stick forward). If i give it a slight pull on the stick, it re-centers perfectly (32767). When you press forward, you can tell that it takes longer for the stick to return to center than when you pull back on the stick. All other axes are perfect. The more I tighten the 2 screws for the Y axis, the worse this issue gets (when you press forward on the stick , the Y axis returns to center less). If i take out Y axis screws completely, when pressing "forward", it is still does not center perfectly.
I read the post about the NXT (not EVO) magnet removal. I don't know if EVO has a magnet. Maybe change the Y axis spring? I just don't want to break it or make matters worse. The most important ROT Z and X Axis work perfectly. They return to center 100% of the time. Maybe tighten the Y axis and X axis screws much more and "break in" joystick for longer? The stick is new and had less than 20 hours of continuous use. I have only been playing DCS World. Thank you.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO Y axis re center

Postby fallout9 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 20:13

Does your plane drifts? If no, then stop looking at those numbers and use the joystick in game. If it does, then recalibrate the joystick.
If you tighten those screws it means that you activate the damper, so it's normal for the grip to not return to center properly if the screws are tightened only a bit. If you don't plan to use the dampers at all it makes sense to remove those screws completely.

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Sun Mar 27, 2022 23:19

I only tried in DCS World. F 16, MIG 29 and Su 27. I do not feel it in the actual game. The DCS Wold Menu (Axis), shows a tiny bit off center, but I guess who cares if I do not feel it in the game. I suppose that is that. It is a little odd that without the screws for Y axis, it does not fully return to center. It is either all of the sticks are made this way, or mine is a little off. Thank you!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:22

For your peace of mind then do a new calibration; follow from step 7 from here.

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:17

Something strange happened. I pressed "DEFAULT" in software and now when I load the VKB Config program, it says "Enumeration OK" and all the options are greyed out. I can't press "Default" again. Windows recognizes the joystick. The red light above ministick is on , but it does not change analogue to digital. I tried all the USB ports on my laptop, no luck. Tried on another laptop, same thing. What do I do? Thank you
PS All buttons are messed up again (Button 5 is button 11 again

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:50

You were supposed to follow from step 7, not only step 7 :)) Your problem will get fixed at step 8.

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:26

I understood the instructions. In particular, that I can't use Bootloader since you do not have Firmware 2.1000 on the website that VKB EVO came with. You only have 2.09 for download. I can't get to Step 8 since Global/Devices is not loading. The Configurator does not load the joystick parameters. Here is a screenshot. I tried booting up with F1,F2 pressed as well as F1,F2,F3.
It has stopped loading after I pressed "Default"
Attachments
greyed out.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:13

Just select your device, click mouse on its name.

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:58

Wow, I am so stupid LOL. You may call me Mr. Bean from now on :D I can't believe I did not figure out. It is working perfectly! Thank you very much! Outstanding customer service!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 20:13

Nah, it really happens, no worries. How's that drifting now?

Return to “Technical Support”