Gunfighter Mk.III with MCG Ultimate "reboots" momentarily randomly

Moderator: AdminGroup

malarcky

Gunfighter Mk.III with MCG Ultimate "reboots" momentarily randomly

Postby malarcky » Mon Mar 14, 2022 22:40

I have the same problem as this post viewtopic.php?t=5575 but I am using the MCG Ultimate.

Every hour or two, sometimes even more, sometimes less, I can see the two white lights on the grip, like the ones you see when you connect the blackbox to the USB momentarily and I lose input for that second or half a second. I managed to screenshot (see attached image) the Communication Errorlevel test on the configurator when this happened last night while flying DCS, its look like it is on the grip.

I have already tried to reseat the grip removing it and pressing the grip down while tighten the allen screw but the problem persist, is there anything I can do to solve this? Its pretty annoying when you are in a dogfight loosing control for that second.
Attachments
vkb.png

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter Mk.III with MCG Ultimate "reboots" momentarily randomly

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:25

Try another USB port, no hub.

Demn

Postby Demn » Tue Mar 15, 2022 23:49

Hi,
had this issue with the extension stick for Gunfighter MK3 and the MCG handle. Tried to 3D print some additional riggid parts to hold it in place, but in the end just ended up connecting it directly to the base part. no issues since then.

The issue comes from the fact that the extension stick is partly aluminium instead of metal compared to the clamp and the base parts. and as result the aluminium being errosed by more hard material, and stops to hold the stick correctly - and the contact start to disconnect mid flight because its twists around.

Maybe you have same issue ?

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Wed Mar 16, 2022 22:10

I have tried two USB ports from the back of the pc, direct to the motherboard, I have tried to reseat again and thight more, and cleaning with a soft cloth the contacts, but the problem persist, still having random disconnections.

I am not using any extensions, only the grip and the base.

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:33

I made this close up pictures of the base pads and grip pins to see if somebody see something wrong before opening a ticket, I am out of ideas. I have used the stick very lightly since I bought it on november but this problem its recent, like only weeks ago.
The spring on the pins of the grip works fine. I have tried to make it as close as possible without losing focus.
Attachments
IMG_3122.jpg
IMG_3121.jpg

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:42

Continuation from the reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments ... te_random/):

I have the ultimate with the twist if that means something. I have never feel that it moves, but maybe the first time I put it together I was not tightening enought for fear of breaking something and overtime it looses and make those scratches? I dont know. There is one little dent on one pad as you can see in one picture, the others are more like scratches.

But now I can assure you it is well seated and tight, If I press more or tight more I think I will break something. The thing is its doesnt seem to do it while moving or in certain positions, or when moving it fast or something, it looks random and its always like one second, never more, never less time. I am not using any hubs, an tried several ports on the back of the motherboard.

I have just replaced the USB cable to see if its faulty or something, and testing I have discovered that when I push the right hat on the side of the grip the second base device goes yellow on the errorlevel comunication while pusing the hat in different directions, the others seems to do it fine, I dont know if that is normal or related to the problem, here you can see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeL6Mz-XkY

I have tried reconnecting the USB cable and this time pushing that hat made it to get the red bar on the grip and see the whitelights, but disconnect-connect again and now its seems fine again, no yellow bars.

Edit: Now its making the yellow bars again when push certaing direction of the side hat.

Thank you for your help.

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:44

I dont have more BB to base cables, only the one that came with the base and grip. I have tried moving it and touching the connector but it doesnt do anything on the errorlevel bars.

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:00

More tests, It seems that in every position of the DC Hat (right side one) its have one error level indication as you can see in this video, but not always does it, if I reconnect the USB sometimes does, sometimes dont, I dont know if this is realted to the original problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAOCQhqRegw

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 22:07

Another computer/laptop available to test it?

ZERO_Thunder

Postby ZERO_Thunder » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:23

malarcky wrote:More tests, It seems that in every position of the DC Hat (right side one) its have one error level indication as you can see in this video, but not always does it, if I reconnect the USB sometimes does, sometimes dont, I dont know if this is realted to the original problem.

Run VKBDevCfg, go to Global\External Devices page. And you can see the order of devices.
Hold Shift key and drag the MCG U to first position. Click Set button in Action page to apply changes. Now check again.
1.png

bsselp

Postby bsselp » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54

I'm having the same issue. When I move the Ultimate MCG stick, the white lights under the red button flash for a second and then goes green again. Did you ever have this issue resolved?

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Sun May 15, 2022 5:19

just posted regarding the same thing. any solution? what does holding shift and moving the grip over do?

malarcky

Postby malarcky » Sun Jun 05, 2022 18:12

ZERO_Thunder wrote:
malarcky wrote:More tests, It seems that in every position of the DC Hat (right side one) its have one error level indication as you can see in this video, but not always does it, if I reconnect the USB sometimes does, sometimes dont, I dont know if this is realted to the original problem.

Run VKBDevCfg, go to Global\External Devices page. And you can see the order of devices.
Hold Shift key and drag the MCG U to first position. Click Set button in Action page to apply changes. Now check again.
1.png

Hi, sorry for the late update, but this actually solved my problem, since I did that I havent got any white lights anymore.

bsselp wrote:I'm having the same issue. When I move the Ultimate MCG stick, the white lights under the red button flash for a second and then goes green again. Did you ever have this issue resolved?

mobbmann wrote:just posted regarding the same thing. any solution? what does holding shift and moving the grip over do?

This was the solution, for me it worked at least.

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:24

I can confirm this worked for me also. I think this is a more widespread issue since I noticed the same behavior on my SCG grip with gladiator nxt evo base. I have a gladiator to Gunfighter3 adapter so i could try the SCG with the Gunfighter base to see if its the same issue. Ill test the same fix with the SCG gladiator/gunfighter base in the next day or two when I have more time.

Can anyone from VKB confirm what dragging the Grip holding shift into the first slot actually does? here are the after screenshot of error reporting, no more yellow or orange spikes, more importantly, no more flashing white LED's distracting me in mid flight.

Ftickfix2.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:35

Zero_Thunder is the head of our service department, so you could follow his advice.

Return to “Technical Support”