MCG Ultimate forgetting pro-trigger axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

GooseMachine

MCG Ultimate forgetting pro-trigger axis

Postby GooseMachine » Sat Feb 26, 2022 19:11

Hello!

I have a problem with my MCG pro-trigger. If the trigger is in the safe position while my PC boots, the axis will not work. If the trigger is in the armed position when my PC boots, it works fine.

Is there a fix for this issue? It's now that big of a problem, but a little annoying if I only notice it once I'm in the cockpit and actually trying to arm missiles xD

fallout9

Re: MCG Ultimate forgetting pro-trigger axis

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 20:03

Post a screenshot please showing the Profile/Axes/Axes2Buttons panel.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Feb 28, 2022 16:17

I know it doesn't help GooseMachine, but I wanted to share a funny.

I could've sworn this was happening to me recently. I map that flip-up trigger to "Cargo Scoop" in Elite Dangerous, in "hold" mode (in-game). Flip trigger up, scoop open, flip down, scoop closed. The other night I was playing and went to scoop some "materials" floating in space. Flipped the trigger...nothing happened. I did it a few time, cursed, flipped it down, unplugged the USB from the blackbox and plugged it back in to 'reboot' it, nothing.

Finally remembered I was flying around in a ship I had manually (in game) set power "Off" to my Cargo Hatch to save a little power draw...which disables the cargo scoop from working.

:oops:
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

TbGr

Postby TbGr » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19

I have the exact same issue, plus if I try to load a profile with the trigger up (safe) the trigger axes will not work, but same profile try loading with trigger down (armed) the trigger axes will work. I will try and update with screen shots when I get a chance.

chumpeagle

Postby chumpeagle » Wed Apr 06, 2022 13:47

I have the same issue. I recently posted on DCS forum here so will copy and paste. I can't seem to paste an image in here, but you will see the latest at the bottom of this thread: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/297810-is ... r-settings

I have gone through and recalibrated and same issue exists. It is 100% reproducible for me so let me know if there are other logs I can share.

I have it configured so that flip up presses button 35, flip down presses button 38.

However:

- If when I plug my stick into the computer USB port the switch is flipped up: It "forgets" this and the flipping of the switch does not press any buttons. I have to "set" the config again and it starts working. Or I unplug from the USB and do below.

- If when I plug my stick into the computer USB port the switch is flipped down: It works fine.

Everything else works as expected. In other words - the joystick forgets the trigger flip button config if the trigger is flipped up when I plug it in. If the trigger is flipped down when I plug it in everything is fine.

GooseMachine

Postby GooseMachine » Sun Apr 24, 2022 16:11

I apologize for my absence. Haven't had time to tinker in the last couple of months.

I hope you will still find time to help out.

I have the same setup as chumpeagle, where the down-flip and up-flip are mapped to activate the same button.

Screenshot as requested :)
overview.png

Jordin

Postby Jordin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:15

Any update on this? I have the same problem. Flip trigger up and down are both programmed to the same button output.

I've found using the "set" function twice usually fixes it, but still a pain.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:15

You have a different issue: your trigger is not calibrated. Pressing the Set button is wrong in that case and that's not how to use that button (unless you operate changes to your current profile). Please calibrate your grip like here (from timestamp only!) and let me know if you still have that issue afterwards.

Jordin

Postby Jordin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 23:19

Recalibration didn't help. Flip trigger output (up or down) doesn't work unless the flip is in the down position when I turn on the PC. Putting it in the down position then restarting the controller fixes it. I think the set function was helping because I would randomly have the trigger in the down position while trying it.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:57

You should try to change the value of the Base=0 parameter to 1,2,3. This should help solve the problem.

GooseMachine

Postby GooseMachine » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:45

@fallout do you have any new ideas to help my issue?

Jordin

Postby Jordin » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:37

Ron61 wrote:You should try to change the value of the Base=0 parameter to 1,2,3. This should help solve the problem.

Where do I find this parameter?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 13:26

Here.
overview.jpg

Jordin

Postby Jordin » Thu Jun 02, 2022 14:26

It was set to 3 by default. Changing it to 2 seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

FredOfMBOX

Postby FredOfMBOX » Mon Jun 13, 2022 17:14

I have this issue as well on a brand new MCGU. It's really easy to reproduce. Set your trigger as the others have:

Screenshot 2022-06-13 101148.png

Then, go to the 'test' menu. With the trigger in the down/armed position, click 'restart' from the top menu. The Buttons/POV test will show 35 and 38 activating depending on position of the safety.
Now flip the trigger to the up/safe position, and click restart again. This time, test won't show any change.
Repeat with the trigger in the down/safe position, click restart, and voila, it works again.

This is with the firmware shipped with mine: v2.111

Return to “Technical Support”