VKB Gladiator NXT Right Premium + SEM + THQ

Moderator: AdminGroup

waulie

VKB Gladiator NXT Right Premium + SEM + THQ

Postby waulie » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:39

Hi there,

I've run into a bit of trouble after setting up the hardware of the NXT + SEM + THQ in one device.

When I attempt to use the VKB Config software, it shows up as two distinct hardware devices, both named VKBsim Gladiator NXT R SEM THQ XT v2.090. All throttles show up minus one of the THQ, which I believe is down to only 8 axis being allowed (X, Y, Z, RotZ and Rot X and Rot Y on the stick) and two on the THQ. Is the reason a second shows up down to the additional (but unable to be configured) axis? If so, how can I change which Axis I want to turn off to allow it to show up as one device?

I cannot change any settings on the second instance of hardware detected and resetting to Default pops-up a box "Only for the PRO !!!"

I believe I have to setup my NXT + SEM + THQ as separate virtual controllers for Elite Dangerous etc. but will do that once I've figured this issue out.

fallout9

Re: VKB Gladiator NXT Right Premium + SEM + THQ

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 20:24

If you have 9 axes on your unit the 9th axis (one of THQ's) will be redirected to a second virtual controller. Check this video to see how to calibrate them.

waulie

Postby waulie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:05

Thanks fallout9, finally didn't skip over the part it discussed in my frantic searching for answers.

Does creating a virtual controller within VKBconfig give the virtual controllers a Vendor/Product ID?
I'm looking to get the VKB Gladiator NXT Right Premium + SEM + THQ to work with Mechwarrior 5.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:36

You should be able to identify the second virtual controller with this software.

waulie

Postby waulie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:27

Yeah, as I thought, unfortunately the config software nor does Vjoy allow for separate Product/Vendor ID for such games as Mechwarrior 5 which requires both to recognise a separate device worth of 32 buttons.

Damn, double damn and blast. I also found the same problem with Joystick Gremlin, so I'm unsure what to do, or if it's even possible to use with the game (which is a bit notorious for peripheral support).

Return to “Technical Support”