TQH GNX and it's 3 axes connected to Gladiator with it's 6 axes

Moderator: AdminGroup

ecnahc

TQH GNX and it's 3 axes connected to Gladiator with it's 6 axes

Postby ecnahc » Fri Jan 21, 2022 17:19

Products: Gladiator GNX combined with a THQ GNX non-vertical.
VKBDevCfg (v0.92.17)
VKB Device Firmware (v2.09.0 XT)
Screenshots are not needed to answer

Hello, I ordered a THQ GNX module yesterday to add to my Gladiator GNX, so I do not have it on hand, but today it hit me that with the THQ added there would be 9 axes. I want instructions on how to go about setting it up properly, because now I think I understand why there was no slick, quick video on adding the THQ to a Gladiator.
I have to give up one axis or invest in more.
At this time, I have the Z axis rotation on my Gladiator locked anyway. So, it's easy for me to decide on which to give up. Learning the intricacies of the software, however, is not. I know setting up these devices is easy, in theory, but until I've connected the module, I will not know how default setup looks in VKBDevCfg.
So, there is no reason for me to post screenshots. Yet, because I'm foreseeing this as an issue and would like instructions on the setup of the connect between these 2 particular devices
Unless there is a video on Youtube that I missed, and can watch like I did the others?

Thank you for the help.

fallout9

Re: TQH GNX and it's 3 axes connected to Gladiator with it's 6 axes

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 20:19

There's definitely a video that you've missed :)) You're right, there will be 9 axes in this configuration, but the software will split up your device and create a second virtual controller which will contain the surplus - 1 axis :)
So no worries, it'll work, twist locked or not.

Return to “Technical Support”