Gladiator NXT premim extra trigger getting soft

Moderator: AdminGroup

vangel

Gladiator NXT premim extra trigger getting soft

Postby vangel » Fri Jan 21, 2022 16:23

Hello,

I have the Gladiator NXT premium righthand barely a few weeks now but already after a few days the black extra trigger got unresponsive and mushy. The snappiness gone, now it's feeling mushy as if the switch or the plastics trigger-piece itself is bending now. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Didn't disassembled the grip so far because anything else is a dream and my time is limited and gaming with the NXT is sooo much fun (playing mainly WWI IL-2 Flying Circus).

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT premim extra trigger getting soft

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 20:23

Hopefully over the weekend you'll get some time to open it up and check on that trigger, it could be broken. You don't have to pull it out, just have to separate the 2 cover shells and inspect it. If it's cracked please fill up a service ticket with your local vendor.

vangel

Postby vangel » Sat Jan 22, 2022 21:19

I disassembled the stick. The trigger part isn't visibly broken, it's like it has softened up or the microswitch is very hard to press now so the plastic trigger has to be slightly first bent or forced to trigger the switch. Upward click works snappy and fine, so probably the plastic part isn't distorted. This sucks. The trigger plastics looks too flimsy it should be of metal or more massive or from harder plastics this soft plastics sucks here.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 22:50

Yeah, soft plastic really sucks because it won't break the electronics inside if you're hamfisting it, a metal part would definitely do a better job at that :)
Nevertheless, it shouldn't act like you describe it - both actions should be firm and you should hear the switches clicking inside when activating the trigger; the trigger would definitely not soften up under normal use (unless, of course, it's been abused).
Could you post some good focused photos of the trigger? Or at least check it more thoroughly? It doesn't have to get broken in 2 parts, there could be a hairline crack in there.

vangel

Postby vangel » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:20

I have a ticket #6762 on this, but yes I see your plastic vs. metal dampening forces to not damage electronics argument. But of you use plastic it shouldn't bend or break either. Hope I get exchange parts soon, only a week long working isn't quite the durability I was expecting.

Return to “Technical Support”