Gunfighter mk.iii (and its compatibility) & MCG Pro questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

vojvode

Gunfighter mk.iii (and its compatibility) & MCG Pro questions

Postby vojvode » Fri Jan 21, 2022 14:57

I am thinking of buying the MCG pro grip (with the gunfighter mk.iii base). I have 2 main questions about this. Firstly the function of each the analog - 4 way hats as this is not clear in your EU site product page. Is the last picture-diagram on the US product page, https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunfighter-mk-ii (attached) an accurate depiction of the function of all the buttons / hats on the pro grip?

Does this mean that both the top centre and lower left hats on the front face (head) of the grip, function as both 4 way digital hats and analog hats, while pressing the centre for 3 second switches between the 2 modes? If not can you advise how exactly does these 2 buttons function? Does also the brake lever is switchable between analog and digital?

Also I am thinking of buying the twist extension module, this comes with springs. Can you advise of the strength of these springs in equivalent terms to the strength given for the available springs for the gunfighter gimbal (10-50)? This will help me place the gimbal spring strength 1 notch below the strength of the twist module, to avoid accidental twist of the grip (which I will use as rudder) when in high G or high angle of attach manoeuvres. If you are unable to provide an equivalent strength can you at lest advise which gimbal spring strength is weaker than the strength on the twist module, so I only use the rudder when intended?

Also if I am to buy the THRUSTMASTER GRIP ADAPTER FOR GUNFIGHTER, can I also use it for the Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, which is compatible with Thrustmaster bases? Will this mean that I will lose functionality for some of the 35button functions on this base? (the trustmaster base maps only for 19 button functions, does your adapter also maps for 19 or can it map all the 35 button functions on this Virpil Grip)?
Attachments
MCG-PRO-Button-Configuration.png

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter mk.iii (and its compatibility) & MCG Pro questions

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 20:15

There are 2 ministicks on the MCG Pro, the ones marked as 'contactless ministick analog/digital' on the chart. By default there's one that comes programmed as analog only and the other one as analog and digital. They both could be configured any way you like, here's a tutorial on that. To keep it short and provide an example, you could have them both in analog mode by default, with a short press on the center button as a button, a long press on the center button as a swap to digital mode and digital mode as POV.
The break is an axis by default and could accept max 3 buttons on its range.
You could see other software improvements here.

The way the twist adapter is built it won't let you accidentally twist the grip while handling it.

Never heard of someone trying to install a Virpil grip on a GF base, but pretty sure it won't work other than a very limited number of buttons, if that.

vojvode

Re: Gunfighter mk.iii (and its compatibility) & MCG Pro questions

Postby vojvode » Mon Jan 24, 2022 19:03

Thanks, just pulled the trigger on the Gunfighter/MCG pro+twist!

Return to “Technical Support”