How to make SEM on/off switches

Moderator: AdminGroup

conure86

How to make SEM on/off switches

Postby conure86 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 15:54

Hey there,

I love the SEM and THQ - they're fantastic! I have a question about improving combability with IL-2 and I'm unsure if this is possible.

I have the landing gear selector and flaps selectors set up as positions with indents rather than an axis.

What I've noticed is that when I move the position (i.e from indent one to two) it acts as though the button is held down as opposed to pressed and released. DCS picks this up fine so I've been able to map the controls perfectly there, but IL-2 seems to want a press and release of a button (from what I can tell), so as it stands, the flaps and gear levels won't work with IL-2. Is there a way to make the positions of these 'switches' act as a press and release?

I hope I've made sense here...

Thanks again for the awesome products :)

fallout9

Re: How to make SEM on/off switches

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 21:50

Happy to hear you like them :)

Just made a walkthrough for your issue, give it a try and let me know if it won't work as intended.

conure86

Postby conure86 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36

Brilliant thank you - I really appreciate this!

Actually I'm having another problem at the moment. I've had very little luck with my t-rudder pedals. They're quite new. Initially when I got them, they started grinding so I opened them up (I had another thread about this) the spring hadn't been properly mounted/attached causing it to grind on the tensioner. Anyway, I thought I'd solved the problem but they'd always felt a bit clunky (more so that my Thrustmaster TWCS for example). Today I opened them up to find the culprit and found this:

https://imgur.com/a/cRzmd3k

So it seems this is the cause of my grinding problem. I'm a little disappointed, but I have 2x NXTs, the SEM and the THQ and I'm really pleased with all of them so no doubt this was a defect outside of your control.

I purchased them on October 28th so they're less than three months old. They've been very well looked after (I'm pretty OCD with my equipment, very dry dust free environment) so I can't think of any way I've caused this. I've lost faith in this particular set of pedals a little. Would it be possible to box them up, ship them back and have new ones sent out please?

Luke

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03

For that you'll have to open a service ticket with the local vendor. It will take a while because the head office in China is closing up soon for local New Year.

conure86

Postby conure86 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32

Thanks fallout9 - the tutorial you attached works perfectly btw, thank you :)

Return to “Technical Support”